You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Ability to Re-Open closed UR's

Post by Kobes1878
Disclaimer: Searched forum and couldn't find this request (similar but not the same). Apologies if this has already been suggested, please redirect me there if so. Additionally, I may very well be guilty of this as well.

I propose that an Editor who made the INITIAL CONTACT with a Reporter should have the right to reopen a UR closed by another editor if he/she believes
  • The UR was Marked incorrectly - Not Identified vs Solved or vice versa.
  • The reporter was not given ample time to respond - This will vary based on the specific location guidelines.
  • He/She has knowledge regarding the UR that has not been addressed.
It is extremely frustrating when I am working on a UR, which in many cases would mean driving to the location, checking routes and/or doing extensive research to confirm map accuracy when I suddenly receive an email that the UR has been marked 'Not Identified'. This generally only happens by: A. Rank 1 editors or B. Editors that go on a UR closing frenzy without researching.

This should not apply if the UR is stale beyond a reasonable doubt, but at least give the reporter/editor time to answer after he was contacted (in NJ its 7 days from the OR's contact and then we follow up with a "Please respond within 24 hours.")

I am aware that the conversation can technically continue even after its closed via the email link, but this does not warrant the closing out of a legitimate issue. Also, if my settings in URO+ do not follow closed UR's, this wont show up on my map.

NOTES:
  • This can be limited to UR's closed by lower ranking editors than the original Editor.
  • This does not have to apply to "General Error" URs.
  • This can be modified to accommodate highly populated areas such as NYC where there can be an enormous amount of URs and we can use all the help we can get.
Another solution would be to simply require the second editor to make contact with the reporter/editor prior to having the ability to close it out (say after 24 hours). Again, this can be applied only to lower ranking editors than the initial Contact. AMs and higher ranking editors should retain this ability no matter what.

If AMs can have this ability it shouldn't be too hard to extend this to other editors as well.

Thoughts?

EDIT: At the time of this original posting (before I was an Area Manger), I was under the impression that AMs automatically have this privilege. Please note- That is WRONG. So to modify my original request, if we are still allowing any editor to close URs at will (regardless of rank, original responder etc.) It would be nice to at the very least allow AMs to have this ability to re-open reports in there area/s. I presently am dealing with another mass-murderer of URs (who has since been blocked) and I am attempting to re-open the line of communication with the reporters but have yet to be successful.

If you agree with the need to solve this issue, PLEASE share your thoughts on these forums! Recently, there have been multiple posts regarding this issue, with some great ideas as to how to solve it. The more feedback we get the better! Thank you in advance!
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:16951451

Send a message
Last edited by Kobes1878 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]https:///P87dIo[/img][img]https:///nVuW1N[/img]
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA

Post by daffy11377
I would agree. I'm working on a bunch of URs and someone randomly closed over 30 of them. Made me crazy because I was pending responses to fix them.
daffy11377
Send a message
Daffy | NJ | Rank 2 Editor | She Nerd :lol:
Android Verizon Galaxy S22 Ultra

Post by Dan_Olsson
OR - not be able to close UR until after the 7 days unless you are the first to respond...
Dan_Olsson
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
AM Helsingborg/Landskrona etc (in Sweden)

Post by Kobes1878
Dan_Olsson wrote:OR - not be able to close UR until after the 7 days unless you are the first to respond...
I agree. Having the decency to at least wait 7 days should go without saying. Unfortunately, it must be said.

The only concern I have is when the 7 days would begin. It should be from the time of the first response but that may be too complicated to enable on the back end.
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///P87dIo[/img][img]https:///nVuW1N[/img]
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA