Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

WME landmark freezing in ROW server!

Post by
Hey guys,

This Sunday (18.5) we are expected to start the process of moving the ROW environment to the new Places feature. This means we will start by freezing all additions and changes to landmarks. Trying to save a new or edited landmark will result in an error.

UPDATE - 27.5 - The freeze is over, and the new version is in production. Details here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=93966

After about two days we'll be able to launch the new system along with the new WME in the beta environment, and after a few more days it will be publicly available. We'll keep you updated.

Thanks for being patience up until now, we are almost there :D

Happy editing!
Waze

POSTER_ID:12957716

Send a message

Post by ajselway
Guys, how are you getting on? Have no idea why but I'm itching to get editing!
ajselway
Send a message

Post by ajselway
Ummm, that's what I meant. Thanks for reply, I'll structure my questions a bit clearer next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ajselway
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
omba_de wrote:Will it be possible to add and change Landmarks in the public editor until places will be released in there?
No, they will remain frozen until the beta cycle is complete and the editor released to the public.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
omba_de wrote:That's interesting news. I didn't expect that...
Thank you Alan.
I'm basing my post on what happened with the NA freeze period. Started March 2, released on March 26.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Fredo-p wrote:What is the ROW environment?
You got the answer, so adding for info: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Banks_of_Servers

I'm also going to add these acronyms for server farms to the glossary in the wiki, and some redirect pages.

EDIT: Done with the above. Searching "row" in the wiki takes you to the glossary entry.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Please take the discussion of US place editing out of this thread.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gregetz wrote:Missed this message but hopefully, work already done and not saved (got few multi-hundred pt forests unsaved in 5 windows) will get its chance to get saved.
no, you will not be able to save. Landmarks are switching databases/tables. The beta editor will start using the new one. When they go live with it, the system will have totally changed, so saving the data will not be possible.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FYI, the beta editor for ROW has been updated with the new Places infrastructure. At this time, however, Places are still frozen even for beta testers. This freeze for testing is expected to be lifted in a few days.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Editing Places is now available in the WME beta test environment only. It may still be 2 weeks before being released for general use.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
khaidoba wrote:I'm looking through the new Places mechanics, but I don't see a category choice for Apartment complexes?
edsonajj wrote:If the place is a named feature such as “The Waze Appartments” you could leave it as a Residence/Home. Else I would delete them.
Residence/Home is correct. Also can be used for rest and retirement homes, etc. This tweet will come out tomorrow from @WazeMapping: "Use "Residence/Home" for large multi-family apartment buildings, retirement homes/facilities. Use House Numbers for single-family dwellings."
vince1612 wrote:Was a bit surprised to see all landmarks/Places in pink as well though :lol:
You've not had much reason to visit it until now, but the Places wiki page has shown the pinkiness for a couple of months now. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message