Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by pvaladares
I can't create a landmark in this roundabout with WME Toolbox : https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-8.689 ... 21&env=row
Bug?
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
I find after redoing a roundabout with WME Toolbox if I select one of the segments, before saving, it keeps telling 'This roundabout has no consecutive segment IDs.' and the roundabout icons disappear.
Problem is solved if I reload the permalink.
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Feature suggestions:

Ability to select a group of connected unnamed segments. Useful when creating parking lots or even regular roads, and you want to set the direction and names. Today, you have to painstakingly select every segment you have created before applying the change.

To prevent unwanted damage, it can limit itself to segments that were created on the same day as the first selected segment + today. (In case you come back after a day or two, facepalm on having forgotten to un-red the roads, add two tweaks, then press the button.)
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
orbitc wrote:
qwaletee wrote:Feature suggestions:

Ability to select a group of connected unnamed segments. Useful when creating parking lots or even regular roads, and you want to set the direction and names. Today, you have to painstakingly select every segment you have created before applying the change.

To prevent unwanted damage, it can limit itself to segments that were created on the same day as the first selected segment + today. (In case you come back after a day or two, facepalm on having forgotten to un-red the roads, add two tweaks, then press the button.)
You can do that using toolbox's landmark option
Which option are you talking about? I don't see a landmarks button on the bar, nor a landmarks checkbox in the pop-out selection list. I'm using WME Toolbox plugin v1.3.6.3 / WME Toolbox loader v1.2.2.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
And we have just reached 100 pages of comments on this topic!
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Looks like an update is in order for the Select Segments grid:
davielde wrote:I just got on my main computer and saw the issue for Colour Highlights on every segment. Toolbox's FwdSpeed and RevSpeed were also 0 for every segment. Once the script writers get wind of the issue, a fix should be possible using averageSpeed. I currently cannot tell if that is useful for both directions though...because I'm a SQL developer ;-)
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
kentsmith9 wrote:
bz2012 wrote:Maybe the WME toolbox should display a big red message somewhere near the cursor (when the turn arrows are transparent) that says 'If you can't click on the turn arrows, press the letter "a"'
I did create Transparent as a redirect to the Keyboard Shortcuts page for "a"
Maybe a topic named "Arrows"? (Redirect or its own short page. It could be an explanation of how to physically interact with the arrows as a separate how-to page.)

And perhaps a quick note in the turn restrictions text.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
sketch wrote:Well, the tool on its own is named "Rebuild roundabout" I believe, which is pretty self-explanatory I think.
I suppose it could throw a warning dialog: This will delete the existing roundabout and road connections, and create new ones in their place. Any existing history will be lost, including creator, creation date, speed data, and (?) hour numbers. Continue? OK/Cancel
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Thortok2000 wrote:I'm going to agree with the whole 'rebuild' thing is kinda self explanatory. It's not saying 'fix' roundabout, after all.

I also agree that things like popup confirmations need to be options so that they can be disabled. Or just not included in the first place.
You mean like the closing a UR confirmation dialog, because you asked the driver a question and he didn't answer for a week?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Part of the problem is not a memory leak. The toolbox "phones home" every time a WME page loads, and it does it synchronously, so you have to wait until it completes its cycle. Its a significant design flaw. I appreciate all the hard work done in programming it, but do we really need to report usage statistics?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message