Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by qwaletee
Please see this new thread on loss of elevation data that may be due to toolbox (or not!).
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
BellHouse, it should still sign the message. Otherwise, the user will not know whether the message is from WME, Toolbox, or some other scripts. Just because you know Toolbox can generate popups doesn't mean you know that his popup is coming from Toolbox.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Can we maintain a civil tone, please?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
CrackedLCD wrote:For the last several days, WME Toolbox has not worked for me. I have it, WME-JunctionAngle and WME Color Highlights running together. JunctionAngle and Color Highlights work fine but not Toolbox. I disabled all scripts and re-enabled them one at a time, but Toolbox still isn't functioning.

I don't know if it's tied to the most recent update of the script, or if it's related to a message I've been receiving this week from Chrome, stating that it will no longer be updated because my hardware is no longer supported. (This message is due to a not-widely publicized decision to no longer support any 32-bit Mac OS systems or, in my case, Windows systems that don't have at least SSE2 or greater. My Athlon XP chip only supports SSE.)

It seems unlikely that the upgrade message would interfere with the script, but at this point I'm grasping at straws. Anyone have any ideas?
It died on me too until I disabled them all, reloaded WME, and a few at a time re-enabled+reload WME. Everything is OK now.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by rafaelds
Greetings, OyyoDams!

First of all, thank you very much for your work! If it's not too much to ask, can I make a couple of suggestions?
  • Would it be possible to add a permalink to Maplink button? Maplink is the official provider of mapping data for Google in Brazil, but Google only fetches their data every 1-2 years. They offer quite good maps, and provide data for many GPSs sold in Brazil. Their permalink syntax is

Code: Select all

http://www.maplink.com.br/?loc=LAT,LON,ZOOM
    where LAT and LON are in decimal degrees and ZOOM varies from 1 to 19 (min/max).
  • Also, it would be extremely helpful to have a kind of "Open in Google Earth" button/permalink. I'm not sure how feasible this would be, maybe it would require generating a KML file. Google Earth is especially important for me because of the historical imagery feature (default images aren't always the most recent ones, they seem to be chosen by quality).
Thank you very much for your attention,

Rafael
rafaelds
Send a message

Post by rivercitysyn
Is there a reason permissions are set so that the extension has access to so much in Chrome?

Would it be possible to restrict them in the next release for peace of mind?
rivercitysyn
Send a message

Post by russblau
steveningelbrecht wrote:But the not showing of the username when hovering over the chat / icon is connected with toolbox...
Evidently in code inherited from WME Add-Ons, because the problem also exists when that script is loaded.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by russblau
New issue: when running WME Toolbox, the search bar at the top of the editor window is moved out of position. See screenshots below:

Without WME Toolbox enabled:
Without Toolbox.jpg
(41.45 KiB) Downloaded 975 times
With WME Toolbox enabled (arrow added to highlight location of search bar):
With Toolbox.jpg
(41.96 KiB) Downloaded 990 times
Note: you'll see that I've moved the Toolbox icon bar up to the top of the screen; this doesn't seem to be the cause, though. When I moved it to the bottom and reloaded WME, I got the same displacement of the search box.

This is on Chrome 34, on Windows 7.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
I'm a little puzzled that no one has responded at all to my post earlier in this thread about the search bar being displaced downwards by WME Toolbox. Do other people see this? Do other people not see this? It would be nice to know if this is a script issue or something with my local configuration.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by russblau
PesachZ wrote:The only time my search box gets moved out of position, is when the i resize the browser window to be narrower. Once it gets narrow enough, I'm not sure the threshold, the search bar drops down.
Thanks for the clue! I have my monitor in "portait" orientation, so the screen width is 1024 pixels. That apparently is what's causing the search box to drop downwards when Toolbox is loaded. When I test in landscape orientation, it doesn't happen.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message