Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby mappao » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:35 am

Hi,
there's an annoying bug that I hope will be fixed asap. If you start a route under roaming connection, when the phone gets back on the network Waze crashes. This only happens when you are on a route, not while navigating without a planned route.

Ciao.
mappao

Postby mappao » Thu May 08, 2014 11:14 am

Lionelpc wrote:I'm using waze on a Lumia 625.
I'm missing a feature that allow me to record incidents of any kind later on the map.
I've noticed from time to time voice switched in English while it's set to French.
Apart from that, great application, I'm a fan.

It does when you loose internet connection. In other words, when you're offline the app always speaks in english, like the user options aren't stored locally...
mappao

Re: Recalculating Route Spinning Icon

Postby mappao » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:23 pm

OPElly wrote:
fakawi wrote:the "Recalculating Route" spinning icon layer does not disappear even after Waze has recalculated the route. Navigation continues with the spinner spinning in the foreground.
(Nokia Lumia 925)

(pressing "Back" button to shut down and then cancelling shut down will get rid of the spinner)

thanks!

I have the same problem on a Lumia 521.

Same on Lumia 620 and 1020
mappao

Postby mappao » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:29 pm

leogodoy1980 wrote:Thi, on "When will we get an updated version for Windows Phone":

https://twitter.com/waze/status/486884337715912706

Simply unbelievable...
mappao

Postby MarDark » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Please make an update for Windows Phone. I know Google and Microsoft are not showing any love but you should care more about the users. :ugeek:
MarDark

Postby markhs » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:11 am

BoxSoft wrote:I concur that battery drain is bad on my 1020, but the 1020 is a battery hog, even not using Waze. The best I've managed (leaving my phone virtually untouched), the battery lasts only 26 hours. If I actually use my phone, then I'm lucky to get 10 hours out of it. If I use it heavily, I drain it in less than 4 hours. Even my old crappy iPhone4 was better in this regard (with a 3-year old battery).

If I'm using Waze, then the problem is obviously worse. With a 1-amp charger, Waze will drain the battery in about 3 hours. I've just gotten a 2-amp charger, so hopefully that's a bit better.

I'm really hoping that MS is able to tweak the OS to a more efficient battery user, and for Waze to improve it on their end as well.

I think this is pretty much on Waze. I can run Navigon and other navigation apps and if plugged into a charger, they don't drain my battery. While using the same charger, Waze drains the battery in under an hour.
markhs

Postby markhs » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:52 am

The update solve the battery drain issue. Last weekend I drove for a total of 7 hours connected to a charger. My phone never lost charge (battery level stayed the same) and I was able to use Waze the entire time. Phone never got hot, warm but not hot. I have a high amperage charger and a good cable which is probably a requirement for any gps apps.
markhs

Postby McPaHa » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:19 pm

First of all thank you for Waze app for wp8.

However battery drain is HUGE for L920 - GDR2 - Amber. I even bought better charger which gives me 1,5 A but my phone is dying when using waze after 3 hours. We really need a situation that charger can give more power to the phone that it uses. Otherwise I cannot use this (even I love it).

I've tried Nokia navigation and Co-Pilot and with Co-pilot there is no similar battery drain problem.

Also there is no way to manage gas-prices & facebook link do not work.

Ps. reply is not working (or it is not exist) when someone needs my comment for map problem.

Anyway... I am hoping that this great app will update in future and these problems will be solved.
McPaHa

Postby Mender444 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi all, just checked that Windows Phone 8.1 is available for my Lumia 625, but unsure if I should update right now or not, as I read here that some users here had issues with Waze on WP 8.1 for developers.
Anyone tried Waze on WP 8.1 "official" (aka released for all)? I really enjoy this app, it's very useful for my everyday driving and don't want to stop using it for a too early update.
Thanks in advance for any reply.
Mender444

Postby Mender444 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:00 am

Upgraded to WP 8.1, Waze works fine as before.
Thanks Froggypwns :-)
Mender444

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App