Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Other Wazers not visable

Post by WaialaeMathGuy
I do not see other wazers on the map any longer. I have the display settings for Wazers and show on Map turned on but to no avail. I even uninstalled and re-installed the app and that did not help at all. Anyone else having that problem?
WaialaeMathGuy

POSTER_ID:11381187

Send a message
fredschulz
iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.2
Waze 3.6.0

Post by jrtwynam
I can't say I've had the issue of other Wazers not being visible, but I'm curious about how often their positions get updated. Every time it shows me a Wazer on the map, it doesn't show them in motion. The obvious implication is that they're stopped, but it seems highly unlikely that every one of them would be stopped on a highway that's currently moving over 100 km/hour.
jrtwynam
Send a message

Post by mikeran
Same issue in hawaii for at least the last two weeks
mikeran
Send a message

Post by squint0241
I currently have the same issue. Although all the display settings have all options checked for map visibility, the only thing I see active is the traffic congestion colors and my moving icon. No visible Wazers (morning/mid-day/evening). Also, when I report a police or accident, I get the "Thanks, you have helped other Wazers" but there is no annotated position marker to display what I reported. Tried un-installing and reinstalling, but to no avail. Same problem. Currently running Android 4.4.2 on an (AT&T) Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Latest Version of Waze from the android playstore (3.7.8.0)
squint0241
Send a message

Post by x556
Where are you guys located, I'm having the same issue in Puerto Rico and I'm not alone in this locally.
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
LVL 3 Waze Map Editor from Toa Alta, Puerto Rico
ENGLISH/SPANISH
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by x556
I'm getting rather impatient, are you guys still having the issue?
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
ENGLISH/SPANISH

Post by x556
jrtwynam wrote:I can't say I've had the issue of other Wazers not being visible, but I'm curious about how often their positions get updated. Every time it shows me a Wazer on the map, it doesn't show them in motion. The obvious implication is that they're stopped, but it seems highly unlikely that every one of them would be stopped on a highway that's currently moving over 100 km/hour.
Waze blurs the wazer to wazer awareness to keep private environment. Even though the traffic data is real time, due to privacy concerns you can only tell when a wazer is around you at a cerain delay to prevent malice from wazer to wazer. If you saw another wazer in the highway stopped, it means that not long ago that wazer was in that position, watch later as you will probably "drive-by" that same wazer once again most probably, which means that he/she is right in front of you on the same road. That's why they added the "share trip" feature when you want a friend to know your ETA and real time driving. Kinda same with Facebook friends but only if you're driving to the same place, you'll see the distance meter on your right, but never real time position in the app itself. It's all about privacy and a peace of mind for all Wazers skeptical about their info. I for once wouldn't mind being tracked in real time, but I guess it's all for the best. Hope I answered your question.
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
ENGLISH/SPANISH

Post by x556
Got an email this morning:

Dear x-556@hotmail.com
In reply to your inquiry "no puedo reportar"

Yes, there is an update:

We fixed the problem and we will update it into the system in a few days.

It could take some time but this issue is solved.

Thank you for your help.
Best Regards,

Natali
x556
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
ENGLISH/SPANISH