Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Mutli-Node Editing

Post by jfeeney3
Hi there,

It would be helpful to be able to modify multiple nodes simultaneously. When setting up a new area or fixing an area not properly setup, you need to select on each node individually to select "allow all turns" -- yet this is by far the most common arrangement. It would be ideal if you could set them all at once.

For example, right now I'm resolving many many errors by someone who has setup dozens of new developments in my area, who forgot to set turn properties. I have to manually click on each node and make the adjustment. With literally thousands of nodes, it can be hard to keep track of which ones you've changed! It would be far more efficient to select all the nodes where all turns are allowed and apply in one swoop.

Cheers,
J
jfeeney3

POSTER_ID:16936164

Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
ScottZane wrote:I would suggest using caution when selecting a node (circle piece and not a segment, which is a line) and hitting the Allow All Turns option. Generally speaking, U-turns should not be allowed at most junctions (including dead-ends). They should only be allowed at intersections where they are legal (and encouraged). Using the Allow All Turns option will enable all turns (including u-turns).
This is not my experience...while I heartily agree that great caution is required when plowing through a pile of nodes and cleaning them up with the famous (or infamous) 'qw' key sequence (q = 'Disallow all connections', w='Allow all connections'), when I do this the junction is left with all U-turn DISabled.

Regardless, 'qw' for all its power is very dangerous. A left turn may be illegal at a certain node -- gone. U-turns may have been enabled at a certain junction because it is a 4-way stop and by state law they are legal -- gone. A timed restriction may have been lovingly set with detailed inspection of the signage using street view -- gone.

When an area shows up as a total mess when viewed with the WME Validator Chrome plugin, I tend to be a bit less cautious with 'qw' because the area clearly hasn't received THAT much care and attention.

In a place that's a real mess, like original basemap import, you could fly through all the nodes with 'qw' but then come back and look for ones that need special treatment.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by irowiki
Once you get the hang of it, selecting multiple nodes to do a q+w wouldn't be much faster then clicking each node and q+w!
irowiki
Send a message

Post by ScottZane
You will definitely benefit from using WME Validator then, as I suggested in your other thread. It will show you really quickly which segments have no in/out access, among many other problems. It's also a great way to help increase your edit count AND learn some valuable info as well.

As for your concern with nodes, I would suggest using caution when selecting a node (circle piece and not a segment, which is a line) and hitting the Allow All Turns option. Generally speaking, U-turns should not be allowed at most junctions (including dead-ends). They should only be allowed at intersections where they are legal (and encouraged). Using the Allow All Turns option will enable all turns (including u-turns).
ScottZane
Send a message