Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Scheduled Restrictions page name change

Post by kentsmith9
Recently the Scheduled restrictions was changed to [[Partial restrictions]], but we did not get a chance to discuss it.

I wanted to start a discussion on that topic to get consensus on that change since this page is a relatively high access page and linked to many locations.

I can see relations of that new title to the content, but I would propose that we keep the original title of "Schedule restrictions" and consider adding a redirect for "Partial restrictions" to come to this same page.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:7009939

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Partial restrictions seems more accurate to me. But I would be happy either way.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by kentsmith9
Cool. It appears we have enough feedback to support the page name change. We can now go through and fix any double redirects to the new name.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
It might be nice to adapt some of the WP bots for our use if not too much trouble. I personally have never modified a bot to use elsewhere, so I am not much help to start one out.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Kobes1878
CBenson wrote:Partial restrictions seems more accurate to me. But I would be happy either way.
Ditto. Scheduled Restrictions are encompassed within Partial Restrictions. I say its a win-win.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk
Kobes1878
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
[img]https:///P87dIo[/img][img]https:///nVuW1N[/img]
State Manager: NJ | Country Manager: USA

Post by qwaletee
That was me who did that. It isn't about the fact that there is some non-schedule-related content in there. It is a single feature that encompases both vehicle type and time based restrictions.

ALso, as Waze dev is clearly moving toward a "truckers" feature, I believe this aspect is going to become very important to them, and needs to be highlighted so that editors are more likely to take notice and start putting the information in. I believe the major hold-up for the feature is not the code (99% of it will be shared with other restrictions code), but the fact that the map is missing the data to make the feature reliable.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Double redirects all taken care of.

I started eliminating some redirects altogether, especially where the reference was pipe-aliased. However, I decided it wasn't a good use of time (there are a lot of references!). I have asked NicoV whether WPCleaner is limited to Wikimedia projects, or could it be used here, too.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
WPCleaner should be available next week.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message