Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ditchi56
berestovskyy wrote:
ditchi56 wrote:Would it be possible to have a function in Validator settings to control the maximum number of items reported?
Could you please give me a permalink to an area where your browser is out of memory? I'll have a look how many segments/issues are there...
This part of suburban London produced a large report and I wasn't even zoomed right out. When I eventually managed to get to the summary page, it said "WME Validator has checked 11653 segments and reported 12 errors (1‰), 277 warnings (24‰) and 261 notes"

Now of course I can zoom in further and try again, but it would be nice not to have to remember which areas are fairly clear (so I can run Validator zoomed out) and which still have lots of problems. If I could set a limit of, say, 100 in the Validator settings I could then just forget about it - and I probably wouldn't want to fix more than 100 problems in one session anyway.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
berestovskyy wrote:
ditchi56 wrote:it said "WME Validator has checked 11653 segments and reported 12 errors (1‰), 277 warnings (24‰) and 261 notes"
It means there are just 12+277+261 issues :? Even if I lower the limit to a 100 of segments per check, I guess it will change nothing for such a low amount of the issues.

Maybe the problem is not related to Validator itself? You might opened too many WME windows or something?
I believe the problem (apart from a machine running low on storage) is the size of the "data" web page generated for the report. So the limit would need to be on the number of items reported, not the number of segments checked (although obviously it would make sense to stop checking once the limit on items to report was reached).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
berestovskyy wrote:
ditchi56 wrote:I believe the problem (apart from a machine running low on storage) is the size of the "data" web page generated for the report.
I just measured the size of "data" document for the area you send me (12+277+261 issues). It is less than 100KB (Save page as->HTML Only).

I tried few versions back to generate the report in a bit different way, but this "data" method was the most reliable and worked both in Chrome and Firefox. I guess I have to try again...
I've tried creating a "large" report that Firefox has real trouble scrolling around on my overloaded machine. Then I saved it, and reopened it from the saved file. Firefox now had no trouble. So it looks like there's something in Firefox that doesn't handle "data" pages very well.

No need now for you to change anything, except perhaps documentation. Now I know, I'll just save and reopen the report and everything seems to be fine.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Minor problem: the script is reporting time restrictions as expired on the last day for while they apply. It should wait one more day before flagging them as expired.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
I wonder whether Validator could automatically fix some of the problems it detects when the user has asked it to run a scan?

For example, #77 (the dead-end road has a U-turn enabled). All I ever do with this is select the node at the start of the road and hit Q (with the Junction Node Fixer script enabled).

Is this feasible? (And I'm sure some will want to debate what should happen to the editing points if it were implemented - my vote would be they should go to the editor who has taken the trouble to run the scan).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Bug fix request:

For error 114 "The non-drivable segment makes a junction with a drivable at node A" the Wiki link needs to change from:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Road_Types_% ... n-drivable
to
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Road_Types_% ... able_roads

Many thanks for this invaluable script.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Can you devise a way of stopping Validator complaining about junctions like this?

Or alternatively a better way of mapping it, but routing and instructions are fine this way?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Additional validation request:

I believe "parking lot" and "gas station" landmark/place's suppress Waze's monitoring of traffic speed. Therefore could Validator please report parking lots and gas stations overlapping roads of "street" level and above?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
arbaot wrote:tricky to code
It may well be impractical to test for this.
I've no idea what can reasonably be done and what can't. I can only put forward a suggestion when I have an idea, and let the big brains decide what it is feasible.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Additional validation request (hopefully this one will be a bit easier to implement):

When we have a part-time toll road, typically toll during the day and free overnight, we want Waze to try to avoid the toll for people who have "avoid tolls" set on. While not diverting people overnight.

This has been implemented with apparent success by drawing two roads on top each other, one set up as a toll road, and the other non-toll but time-restricted. There's an example here, on the boundary on the London Congestion Charging Zone. Note the little kink in the middle of each segment so that they can both be seen at high zoom on WME, while looking like a single road on the client.

Validator complains about this, coming up with errors 118, 119 & 78. Would it be possible to suppress these three messages for two overlapping segments linking the same pair of nodes when all of the following are true:
- the two segments have identical name, road type & direction
- exactly one of the segments is a toll road
- the segment which not a toll road has a time restriction
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message