[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby bz2012 » Sun May 25, 2014 4:37 pm

I am not sure which 'extension' would be the best place to create this feature, but it sure would be nice if 'mouse over' on restricted turn arrows and restricted segments could display a summary of the text message that is in the restriction database for the item under the mouse.
Kind of like URO+ does with the info in the URs.

So that the reason and terms of the restriction could be reviewed without the need to open for modification.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Tailszefox » Mon May 26, 2014 7:29 am

My apologies if this issue was reported before, but I don't think I saw it, so here goes.
From Firefox 23 onwards, if a page is loaded through HTTPS, Firefox will block all content that is called using HTTP. That means that anything on the page will be blocked if it's set to be loaded through a non-HTTPS URL.

What this means is that WME Toolbox is unable to get updated because it checks for updates from http://www.oyyodams.com/toolbox/checktoolboxversion.php . This means I get a warning about blocked content, and if I look at the console, I see the message "Blocked loading mixed active content http://www.oyyodams.com/toolbox/checktoolboxversion.php". Meaning Toolbox is unable to check for a new version.

Given that the extension is now a full-fledged browser extension with auto-updating in the browser, I assume it's not an issue anymore and it will be able to update regardless. If the extension is able to update itself, would it be possible to remove the check to not get this warning anymore? Or, if the check is still necessary, would there be a way to switch to HTTPS?

Thanks in advance.
Image Image
Tailszefox
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Mon May 26, 2014 7:31 am

Tailszefox wrote:My apologies if this issue was reported before, but I don't think I saw it, so here goes.
From Firefox 23 onwards, if a page is loaded through HTTPS, Firefox will block all content that is called using HTTP. That means that anything on the page will be blocked if it's set to be loaded through a non-HTTPS URL.

What this means is that WME Toolbox is unable to get updated because it checks for updates from http://www.oyyodams.com/toolbox/checktoolboxversion.php . This means I get a warning about blocked content, and if I look at the console, I see the message "Blocked loading mixed active content http://www.oyyodams.com/toolbox/checktoolboxversion.php". Meaning Toolbox is unable to check for a new version.

Given that the extension is now a full-fledged browser extension with auto-updating in the browser, I assume it's not an issue anymore and it will be able to update regardless. If the extension is able to update itself, would it be possible to remove the check to not get this warning anymore? Or, if the check is still necessary, would there be a way to switch to HTTPS?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks I'll investigate.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby nogetandet » Mon May 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi There.

Sorry if this very small bug have been described before, but I couldn't find any traces..

Disable all script except the toolbox (the bug only appear when it's enabled).
Reload/permalink the page

Create one or more new roads, do not name them. Save.

Draw another new road that have connection to the other(s) unnamed roads.

Select them via the "Segment List" - the list shows one too many "unnamed" in the bottom. Click on Seclect.

Now the roads are selected. The left pane shows also one more than it should...

Now, name the roads. Click Apply. One road is deleted?? and the status panel says "No common street, No common city, No common country".

If you save, an error occurs..

Not a big deal...

Can anyone verify ?

Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m // Production Editor.

/Dan
ImageImageImage
Area Manager | Country Manager: Denmark |
WME Beta-tester | APP Beta Tester |
| Dansk Wiki | General Wiki | Script forum
nogetandet
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Laurentwb » Tue May 27, 2014 3:53 am

OyyoDams wrote:
Laurentwb wrote:Toolbox crashes on Chrome all the time.

What do you mean ?

- When using the script, moving on the map becomes relatively slow when there are many segments like in a city. If I don't stop, it crashes chrome or the computer (bluescreen)
- The problem disappears if I uncheck the options (like u-tuns, ...)

- I tried to remove the script and reinstall. No change
- I tried to remove chrome completely and reinstall. No change
- I tried to remove chrome and the script together and reinstall. No change
- (I'm not sure I found a way to remove 100% of the script. It seems that something always remains in memory, although I removed data manually from the appdata folder)

- I never had that in Firefox. I recently moved to Chrome because of issues with support to userscript.org
- I'm on version 1.4.1.5

The last thing I can report is that I use Validator and color highlight in the same time. This has never been a problem in Firefox but who knows ...

Best regards.
Laurentwb
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby top_gun_de » Tue May 27, 2014 7:05 am

No web application should be able to crash your computer with a bluescreen, as the kernel and the drivers are isolated processes. Since Chrome uses graphics acceleration, it is probable that your graphics driver is faulty.

Regards,

Detlev
AM Region Hannover, CM Deutschland (Germany), Coordinator Germany, Global Champ

Wiki Deutschland | Straßen und Orte benennen D | Karte bearbeiten | Editorbedienung
top_gun_de
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Tue May 27, 2014 7:30 am

top_gun_de is right, Toolbox can't be the responsible of your blue screen.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby OyyoDams » Tue May 27, 2014 7:38 am

Code: Select all
Update: new version check hosted by dropbox to ensure https connection
Fix: bug with popups on new unsaved segments
Fix: bug with popups on no-name roundabouts
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Laurentwb » Tue May 27, 2014 12:19 pm

top_gun_de wrote:No web application should be able to crash your computer with a bluescreen, as the kernel and the drivers are isolated processes. Since Chrome uses graphics acceleration, it is probable that your graphics driver is faulty.

Regards,

Detlev

Should I then just uninstall and re-install the graphic drivers ?
Laurentwb
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Tue May 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Poll: do some editors use Opera ?
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts