Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
jondrush wrote:There is a handle to simplify geometry. bgodette is the expert on that.
Agreed. bgodette's implementation of geometry simplification is quite good, in that it never removes any geometry nodes I wouldn't remove myself. Yes, maybe it leaves some in that I would remove, but it's better to err on the side of caution.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
I have also only noticed such behavior in this thread.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by slandrum
Geometry nodes are what give shape to road segments that aren't straight lines. An unnecessary one would be one that's directly in line between two other geometry nodes, so it actually contributes nothing to the shape of the road.

Geometry nodes also describe the perimeter of landmarks, and an unnecessary node again would be one that does not actually alter the shape of the boundary with its presence.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by slandrum
SuperDave1426 wrote:Ah, ok. That makes sense. I've actually run into a few roads like that while I've been cleaning up old information, etc. Is there a way to actually get rid of those extraneous extra nodes? I mean, short of deleting the road and recreating? (I don't do that - when I'm cleaning something up, I always prefer to reuse existing roads whenever possible.)
In the editor, after selecting a segment you can position the mouse over a geometry node and press the D key. There are also scripts that provide functions for removing some or all of the geometry nodes from one or more segments.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by spankdog
Thanks 1.2.1 is working for me
spankdog
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
USA Local Champ
USA Southeast WIKI

Post by spookyx
AndreaDFC wrote:As I can see from your screenshot, I have the same beta version, the same script version and the same installed scripts, but I cannot move the bar. Another Italian local champ has the same problem. Mistery!
Same problem for me as well.
spookyx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
[blur]Click here to see my signature[/blur]

Post by spookyx
Firefox.
Also, shortcuts are not working. (Neither keyboard, neither buttons)... like clear road geometry.
spookyx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by spookyx
OyyoDams wrote:1.3.0.2 released.
Fix: in beta editor, house numbers doesn't work with other language than english
Fix: in beta editor, house numbers doesn't work at the first load of the editor
Fix: in beta editor, navbar is not draggable in Firefox
I confirm working. bar is now draggable and shortcuts are now working as well. meanwhile Firefox update to v24.
spookyx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by spookyx
Please change the font in the Properties Editor.
It doesn't differentiate between similar characters.

Toolbox bad font:
toolbox-bad-font.png
Toolbox Bad Font
(94.67 KiB) Downloaded 1090 times
WME good font:
wme-good-font.png
WME Good Font
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 1084 times
spookyx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by spookyx
OyyoDams wrote:spookyx I changed the css to match Waze fonts. Can you tell me if it's better ?
Yes, it is perfect!

Thank you so much!
spookyx
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message