Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Editing map through smart phone App

Post by MGODLEW
This has actually been directly mentioned to the Waze Team, editing on a smartphone might be extremely difficult but the need for an editor/app for iPads or Android Tablets was relayed to the Waze team about a month ago.
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:4659062

Send a message
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
M_ALYAFAI wrote:Any news on this < cause its really required and helpfull
This probably will not happen any time soon or ever. This functionality is not being considered at this time. Editing on a touchscreen requires a significant amount of developer time to adjust the interface and functionality to be able to work properly.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
MGODLEW wrote:UPDATE: A Beta version of WMEditor has been created and is currently looking for Beta Testers for iPads.
This is not from Waze, but from the community, so I am not totally wrong, but this is so cool, I am happy to be mostly wrong! :mrgreen:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by EightBitRanger
MGODLEW wrote:This has actually been directly mentioned to the Waze Team, editing on a smartphone might be extremely difficult but the need for an editor/app for iPads or Android Tablets was relayed to the Waze team about a month ago.
I don't have a 3G tablet myself so even if this were implemented, I'd just as sooner jump on the laptop to edit than rush for my tablet as soon as I got home. My Galaxy S4 does have a decent size screen, but I agree that trying to edit on a phone would be cumbersome.
EightBitRanger
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) running Android v4.4.2
Waze v3.7.8.0

Post by john-cole
Let me know when I can try out a android version, I'll be a guinea pig!
john-cole
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by MGODLEW
UPDATE: A Beta version of WMEditor has been created and is currently looking for Beta Testers for iPads. SEE: WMEditor Lite
MGODLEW
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Last edited by MGODLEW on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am best reached via Discord, give me an “@“