Landscape mode on Windows Phone 8

Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Moderators: Unholy, MGODLEW

Forum rules
Request NEW features or CHANGES to existing features of the Waze App

If you think you've found a bug, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

If you have a request for new or modified feature of the Waze App, use this forum.

Re: Landscape mode on Windows Phone 8

Postby Aetherer » Mon May 11, 2015 12:21 pm

Here's another request for a landscape option in the Windows phone version.
I cannot mount my phone in portrait, so Waze runs sideways. That cannot be safe...
Aetherer

Postby Elgrancuervo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:24 am

Landscape mode is basic these days. This can't be my goto navigation app without it.
Elgrancuervo

Postby galgabor78 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi Waze, any chance to make Landscape mode working on WP8?
It`s working fine on Android, what`s the holdback for WP8?
Thanks,
Gabor
galgabor78

Postby instantfob » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Bump.

I love my new Lumia 1520 and I just wish I can use waze on landscape mode and contribute & report traffic.
instantfob

Landscape mode on Windows Phone 8

Postby Jonsteritis » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi. I am very happy that Waze now is on Windows phone 8. My only concern is that it does not do landscape mode, only portrait. My phone stand for my Nokia Lumia 920 is vertical as I like the phone to be sideways as not to obstruct my view since I have it mounted just below my rear view mirror. The Nokia Here+ maps/gps app has the ability to go landscape, and only has real time traffic if it is a "MyRoute" which is why I would like to use Waze instead. Currently, I have my Samsung Galaxy S3 mounted up top with Waze with my Nokia in a stand on the center console. I would like to only have one phone in the car - the Nokia. Thanks for listening and I hope you guys make this change. In the mean time I will keep on Waze-ing.
Jonsteritis

Postby lizaoreo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:15 am

Agreed, just got a 1520 and it mounts sideways perfectly just sitting on the lip for my stereo controls, was really disappointed to find the WP8 version of Waze has no landscape mode. But I am thrilled that it is on WP8 :)
lizaoreo

Postby ManAndMustang » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:01 pm

Downloaded the app yesterday. Wanted to use it alongside my 'Hippo' dashboard holder on my new nokia 1520 and realized inside the car that waze doesnt have a landscape mode on windows.

I figured this is a very minor enhancement to the product since you guys know , the windows phone base is growing. I also have been seeing questions from users dating back to 2014.

Please add it in the next release. I really want to use your product but now i am just gonna use nokia navigation. ( HERE )
ManAndMustang

Postby plitzumik » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Man, this is such a cold water bath for me.. i have my android phone mounted (laying down) inside my cars HUD, and my new phone doesn't fit while it's in portrait position...
While there's no waze in landscape mode, I probably won't be scoring many miles or points....
Please, I think it's relatively easy to do...

Thanks a lot,
Ivano
plitzumik

Return to Waze App Feature Requests