Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by steveningelbrecht
kentsmith9 wrote:Have we discussed or considered an L6 option to Clear Road Geometry based on what the WME Toolbox already knows should be cleared? Maybe a two step process where is selects all that it proposes to clear so you can see it before you confirm yes. Or maybe it would be OK to clear it directly like the Fix Loops and Suppress Unneeded Junctions already works.
Would spare me a lot of multiselecting segments... :-)
I would suggest two steps also, for those cases where you do want to deselect one or more segments that are 'wrongly' identified with unneeded geometry nodes. But these are pretty rare cases, i must admit...
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by Superb2018
same problems here with Chrome as BellHouse...
Superb2018
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
It sounds like a really helpful tool, and I just installed it (along with the Junction Fixer linked to in the first article of this thread) into Chrome. But when I refresh my Waze Editor screen, I an error message:

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
gerben wrote:Are you logged in yet? If not, hit OK, log in, and refresh (permalink).
Yup, I was logged in at the time. Clicked OK, refreshed, got the error again. Did it several more times, the error kept coming back.

I tried again just now to see if it had cleared; no luck. :( I can "ok" and refresh until the cows come home, but the error just keeps returning....
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
bigbear3764 wrote:Are you using chrome or Firefox?
Chrome, like I said in my original posting. :mrgreen:
With chrome, did you load the crx version. And which version of the loader do you have?
I loaded the version from the Chrome Web Store, which is what the link in the first posting in this thread posts to. According to my Extensions page, it's version 1.1.3.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Mike-1323 wrote:Or do you have a script blocker running? The domain http://www.wazeteam.com needs to be allowed for Toolbox to work.
AHA! Ok, that was it, then. I do have the ScriptSafe extension loaded. I took advantage of your link above there to bring up that page so I could then set the domain to "trusted" status. Brought up the WME and got a message saying that it was initializing the plugin for me, and then no error message.

Cool. :D

I look forward to seeing how this tool will help me out now. Thanks for the pointer! And thanks also to bigbear3764 for the replies.

Edit: PS, I just looked at the wazeteam.com site again and noticed a section at the top for login, register, etc. Is that something that I need to do in order to fully utilize the tool?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I have found "Properties Editor" in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Is that it?

One item of note: If I select a landmark rather than a street, it comes up saying City, Street, etc are blank. Landmarks don't have a "street" entry in them. If you edit the address information for a landmark in the regular editor, it has places for country, state & city. The landmark I'm looking at as I type this already has values plugged into those sections, which I'm guessing it got from the location of the landmark when it was created. :-)

The "Properties Editor" seems (from the fields showing within it) to be aimed at streets. It does show proper, already existing values when I select a street. What's going to happen to a landmark if someone uses this on it and actually save their changes?

Edit: One other thing I just discovered - the roundabout tools are grayed out and aren't working now. Is that a bug, or did you decide that Rank 2 editors shouldn't have access to it? :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Granted, I'm not a Rank 5 editor, but what's an "unnecessary geometry node?"
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Ah, ok. That makes sense. I've actually run into a few roads like that while I've been cleaning up old information, etc. Is there a way to actually get rid of those extraneous extra nodes? I mean, short of deleting the road and recreating? (I don't do that - when I'm cleaning something up, I always prefer to reuse existing roads whenever possible.)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Cool, that's good to know! In the past, I've just "made due" by spreading the nodes out across the road and try to keep them as straight as possible. :-) Now I know how to handle them properly. Thanks!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message