Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
SuperDave1426 wrote: Ok, thanks. I wonder if he can be persuaded to add State Managers, at least within the states they manage....
I doubt it. I suspect that he's using a "CM" flag that is applied to a user's record by the Waze system.

To expand it to anyone else would have to be to "AM" or everyone... unless he did a username-by-username validation.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AFAIK, the SM designation is just a large AM area, plus some "how we do things" stuff... nothing in the database.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
The advantage to highlighting is that you could set it correctly.

Service roads may well be streets or parking lot roads, depending on usage.

When (if?) the type disappears, it is likely the will all become one other type... And I'm going to bet it would be "street" as that is how service roads are routed now.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Mikenit: the problem is they don't do what people who use them expect them to.

They should route like parking lot roads, but they route like streets.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Berestovskyy: BellHouse fixed this issue (with nodes) fairly quickly in TB. Perhaps he might be able to do the same for Validator, if you're interested in help...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I'm having trouble thinking of a case where you'd want a red arrow on a two-segment node... Unless one of the segments is one-way.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
PesachZ wrote: Take a look at the link which started this discussion, the satellite and street view images both confirm that it is a two way street on both sides of the barricade.

Unless you feel there should be a 5 meter segment at the do not enter sign? But that becomes an unnecessary hack, and an added node just to make validator happy. (Maybe not just to appease validator, as it could also allow the client to display the blockade)
I don't think I'd call that a hack. It's unfortunate that we can't have segments shorter than 5m without fouling up the routing engine, but I'd say that is the truth.

You have a span that appears to be about 3m that is one-way traffic only. I realize this could be marked as a red arrow (and since you show this, I can see that being correct), or it could be a one-way segment. The one-way segment may cause errors, as jemay mentions, but that's no different from a map error for disobeying a turn restriction.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by domoun
I don't know if it that who cause issue in validator but since today the city layer got a new option show names :?
domoun
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message
AM Réunion-Comores · RM Mayotte

Post by domoun
A great thanks to berestovskyy for the update ;)
domoun
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by domoun
Since a few days already. Toolbox was broken also but now it's fix ;)
domoun
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message