These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Street names are written in a strange writing

Post by ahboon81
Hi,

I know that you have some font issue with some Samsung phone, my Huawei ascend mate also have the same problem (please see attachment). Please add this phone in your list.
ahboon81

POSTER_ID:15317290

Send a message
Attachments

Post by gm2racer
You can add the HP Slate 7 HD 4G 3400US to the list of devices that display funky text.
waze.png
(76.59 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
gm2racer
Send a message

Post by helpman
I won't upload a picture as we would see the same problem, but the weird font problem also happens on huawei ascend p2...
helpman
Send a message

Post by jbusbib
I have the same problem of street names written in a strange writing format using WAZE with HP Slate 7. Can someone help me solve this problem? Thanks!
jbusbib
Send a message

Post by Jethro-T
It doesn´t seem to go forward here. I can add an HP Slate6 Voice Tab to the list. The above mentioned fix isn´t working for me either.
Jethro-T
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Quasimodal
I also have the Slate 7 HD and have the same problem with the font. Waze also displays the wrong icons sometimes. Plus when I enable the speedometer, my car is sometimes garbled.

Another forum suggested to install the following, but it will not install on my Slate. I receive only an error, "App not installed:"

http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/ver ... 4.0.26.apk
Quasimodal
Send a message

Post by tim1
Same thing on an HP Slate 10HD, both in English and Hebrew
tim1
Send a message