[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby OyyoDams » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:25 pm

vince1612 wrote:Hi,

I have a problem with being able to edit turns on WME and I think it might come from this script...

The strange thing is that everything will work normally when I boot my computer and work a little and after a few minutes I start having the issue.

This only started happening when they released the new WME version, I never had this problem in the past.

Just press "A"! Stop crying against Toolbox when you don't know the basics of the editor!
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby pvaladares » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:28 pm

I would suggest to add a link to this thread, for example in the 'WME Toolbox plugin v1.4.2.1' field.
Also it would be nice to make possible to use the ESC to close the WME Toolbox - Help.

Very nice script :)
Country Manager for Portugal | Champ | Expert Android and others
Area Manager for Luanda (Angola) and Macau (China)
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
pvaladares
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby vince1612 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm

OyyoDams wrote:Just press "A"! Stop crying against Toolbox when you don't know the basics of the editor!

I should say thanks but I don't feel I've been aggressive in my question, so you didn't need to be that way in your reply.

Like I said I've had Toolbox for a while (which means I like it) and it is the first time it happened... I genuinely had no idea that pressing A would solve it, so I was just looking for help/an answer.

Perhaps in your opinion people should know everything about scripts they use, but in my case I haven't been "crying against Toolbox", perhaps you should consider questions less emotionally and take a chill pill.

So I'll just thank nogetandet for his post that had replied first and in an appropriate manner.
Wiki & Forum : Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:46 pm

vince1612 wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:Just press "A"! Stop crying against Toolbox when you don't know the basics of the editor!

I should say thanks but I don't feel I've been aggressive in my question, so you didn't need to be that way in your reply.

Like I said I've had Toolbox for a while (which means I like it) and it is the first time it happened... I genuinely had no idea that pressing A would solve it, so I was just looking for help/an answer.

Perhaps in your opinion people should know everything about scripts they use, but in my case I haven't been "crying against Toolbox", perhaps you should consider questions less emotionally and take a chill pill.

So I'll just thank nogetandet for his post that had replied first and in an appropriate manner.

Sorry it's not against you, but your question is asked about each 3 pages in this thread, and has nothing to do with Toolbox. So please understand that it's boring to always answer the same thing...
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby vince1612 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:53 pm

OyyoDams wrote:your question is asked about each 3 pages in this thread, and has nothing to do with Toolbox. So please understand that it's boring to always answer the same thing...

I can perfectly understand that then ;)

If this is really asked so often then has it ever been considered to simply change the way this feature activates/de-activates to prevent activation by mistake ?
Perhaps another key on the keyboard [SHIFT or CTLR + A / unless it's already taken] or a clickable button on the Toolbar or a visible "ON/OFF" color or sign on the bar somewhere... I'm not a scriptor so if that's not easy to do just forget it, just imagining.
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:02 pm

vince1612 wrote:Like I said I've had Toolbox for a while (which means I like it) and it is the first time it happened... I genuinely had no idea that pressing A would solve it, so I was just looking for help/an answer.

I can speak from experience that it gets frustrating when editors ask questions that are easily identified in the Wiki. In this case we have transparent linked in the Wiki to answer that question. I just went through a whole batch of terms and phrases in the Wiki and added them to the same link on the a key to help future editors unaware of this issue. I now challenge all editors to come up with a phrase related to this issue that they cannot find in the Wiki search. If anyone finds a term or phrase on this specific topic, please post in the Wiki thread on listing what you could not find and I will add those in as well.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby petervdveen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:18 pm

vince1612 wrote:Perhaps in your opinion people should know everything about scripts they use, but in my case I haven't been "crying against Toolbox"

Not about scripts, but an AM should know the basics of WME.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vince1612 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:34 pm

petervdveen wrote:Not about scripts, but an AM should know the basics of WME.

You're absolutely right, I should. In fact it was so basic and simple that it just didn't cross my mind at all at the moment, especially since I personally don't use this option, but I did facepalm myself when I got the answer...

Nevertheless I'm sorry for still not knowing everything the Wiki contains in my head and asking for advice from more experienced users in a friendly environment.. I'll surely think twice next time.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby petervdveen » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:37 pm

vince1612 wrote:Nevertheless I'm sorry for still not knowing everything the Wiki contains in my head and asking for advice from more experienced users in a friendly environment.. I'll surely think twice next time.

You shouldn't know everything in the wiki, just the basics.

Example:

You have a car.
You buy a radio and put it in your car.
After that, your car doors don't open anymore.
You go to the manufracturer of the radio and tell him your problem.

Guess what his reaction will be.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vince1612 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:45 pm

I did admit it was stupid for me not figuring it out by myself, that I realized this fact that as soon as someone was nice enough to reply to me with what I'd been missing all along and that I was sorry I asked... and that I get why this question may be annoying to all of you.

Now I thought this would be over by now after a few lol's eventually.. But I didn't expect that I'd face the wrath, ruthlessness and even now cynicism of others for it.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts