1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Rank 4: Elk Grove, CA

Post by cswadner
These segments along Wolfpack Lane need to be changed from standard streets to something that takes a routing penalty. Technically they are private roads, and the school district can close gates at either end (and often do on the weekends) to prevent traffic from going through. As it stands now, Waze wants to route them as a primary choice for some destinations.

When I created the segments, they were set appropriately, but someone has changed that and now a Level 4 has locked them down.

Permalink: https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-121.3 ... 75&env=usa
My Rank: 2

Thanks!
cswadner

POSTER_ID:8565683

Send a message

Post by cswadner
Sorry for the delayed response, been gone for a while. There is no set, published schedule; and as I said above, it's mainly an access road along the side of the school to get between the campuses, to the culinary arts center, and to the library. That's why Laguna Springs turns into Wolfpack Lane. Once school gets out, I anticipate those gates being closed more often, as they were last summer.
cswadner
Send a message

Post by cswadner
Sounds like it should work. I'll experiment as I'm in the area over the next few days and let you know what I see.
cswadner
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
Hello, cswadner,

Thanks for the information. I've marked the street private and noted the gate locations.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
This thread might belong in another forum where it can be discussed.

The problem is that part of Wolfpack Ln is closed part-time with no fixed schedule.

I have set the portion of Wolfpack Ln between the gates to be type Private Road which has the following effects:

• Routing to the campus destinations circumvents the part of Wolfpack Ln that is gated (even when the gates are open) - just like all other traffic.

For example, a route from the north to Elizabeth Pinkerton Middle School avoids the Wolfpack Ln shortcut.

• Routing from Cosumnes Oaks High School uses the Wolfpack Ln shortcut or reroutes when the north gate is closed.

Note: Routing from Elizabeth Pinkerton Middle School appears to lack physical access to the Wolfpack Ln shortcut. So I assume that it is not an issue.
dbraughlr
Send a message

Post by driving79
I see the gates. Is there a set schedule the gates are open? We could restrict the road to this schedule. If not, we have other options, but this is my first choice.
driving79
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Global Champ
Tier 1
Beta Leader
Southeast Wazeo - https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Southeast

Post by txemt
Starting Monday, route to/from, over, under, around, & through the school to see if routing changes.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.