"Together we stand, divided we fall..."

Post by
Hi Wazers from Balkan countries!

We have created this forum, so you can reach out to the other Wazers around you, work together, discuss issues that may concern other editors and drivers and to exchange ideas.

In the weeks to come, I will add more ex-territorial forums, where you could discuss specific issues such as map editing, app, community, Waze meetups and more.

Please feel free to comment and say hi.

Country Managers, Champs and veteran editors - Why wont you introduce yourselves?

Thanks,

Ori

POSTER_ID:94248

Send a message

Post by danijel-pavelic
Hi Ori and Dragstor,

first of all, thank you for the warm welcome!

I take this opportunity to introduce myself and to salute all Balkan fellows. I'm Danijel, a Waze apprentice from Northern Istria.

In the past this area had a great culture of companionship, even without the benefits of all modern social networking. Unfortunately this feeling has faded with the turbulent events that occurred in the' 90s. I'm not nostalgic and I look forward to a bright community-based future (either cyber or real-life). Therefore I applause your decision to put us together hoping that we all can move forward and raise the collaboration to a higher level. 8-)

All the best wishes and keep it rolling... AllWaze! :mrgreen:

Danijel
danijel-pavelic
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by dragstor
Thank you, Ori!

Balkan friends, feel free to ask for any kind of an assistance, share your issues related to the WME, or any Wazer that causes problems to the map, or propose solution(s) for specific problem.

Like Ori said, introduce yourself, if you haven't yet 8-)

Kindest regards to every single one of you!

:idea: P.S. When posting in forum other than your local subforum (for example, here), please write in English, or subforum's country spoken/written language, in order to avoid misunderstanding :)

Let's get it rolling! :mrgreen:
dragstor
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
GC • Coordinator • Balkans CM • Translator • Beta Tester

Wazing with Nissan Qashqai 4x4 1.6DCi

Post by dragstor
Welcome, Jimmy :mrgreen:

I fully agree with your proposal regarding the E-roads. We need to connect them properly, get them labeled the same way :)

We'll be in touch :)

Stay safe!
dragstor
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
GC • Coordinator • Balkans CM • Translator • Beta Tester

Wazing with Nissan Qashqai 4x4 1.6DCi

Post by EdinSvire
Hello wazers

Nice to meet ya all. My name is Edin, and I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I am an Area Manager and everyday I am trying to recruit more people to join this cause.

Bosnia is in terrible state when it comes to map coverage but I hope in no time we will have this fixed.

May we all stand connected :)
EdinSvire
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
“Sidewalks help the blind see.”

Post by Electrochock1974
hello to the Wazer of Albania,

I am a French editor helping to raise the bar of carthography in Albania, which has been left for several years. I am so SM of this country and if you wish to come edited in Albania it will be with pleasure;)

soon on the roads;)
Electrochock1974
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _Badge.png
CM: Al | AM: ALG / HUN | IOS Beta tester | translator | Team Closures FR

Post by fjrgooo
Hello everybody,
even if we are using a virtual platform I prefer use real name so ... I'm Fabio! :)
I am an Italian Local Champ and I live in the border of Balkans. I am really happy to share with you my knowledge so, together, we can improve the map to let more and more people get benefit from the use of Waze.

Let's go! :)
fjrgooo
Send a message
[img]https:///MRy7n[/img][img]https:///ESnp3j[/img]

Post by Forum026
Hi all,

I'm a editor from the Netherlands. Spending Holiday in Kos last May.
Have some experience in editing.

Latest months I've edit/created/corrected roads in north of Kos.
I've edit access to north of Kos Island only which will end soon. (3 months after ending my Holiday).

I'm willing to help but....
1. I can read/write Greece language
2. My access to edit Kos area will end soon.

Keep on doing the good work.

Best regards,
forum026
Forum026
Send a message

Post by irafan
Hallo Wazers!
I am Iraklis, a Waze Champ from Greece, active user and editor since June 2012. I live in Thessaloniki and drive around Northern Greece.
A lot of Balkan Wazers are driving around Northern Greece, especially during summer, so I am looking forward to working together to ensure that our Countries are properly interconnected.

Best Wishes to all of you!

Iraklis
irafan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JimmyK1
Hi guys (i assume its guys, havent seen much gals around ;->)

This is Jim which is short for Dimitris (dont ask..), based in Greece, mostly in the Athens area but i do drive around quite a lot.

I think its great that we will be able to have a subforum for our "neighborhood".
In Greece we are still in a premature level (waze-wise) despite great efforts from a few brave Waze editors before my time ;-> But we are getting there and building a userbase steadily.

Especially since we are at this early stage, i really look forward in sharing info and learning from each other, especially from your experiences in the early stages, what to do and what to not do, best practices and more (i.e. i'm struggling to get a Greece wiki page to use a central point of reference - not happened yet :-)).
To that extent, I do believe the mentoring program that orbitc refers to, would be really beneficial.

Lastly, If i may propose, one of the great starting points of our joint collaboration would be to make sure we have uniformity with regarding to the European road network (E-roads).

For example, the ones that pass through Greece and cross the Balcans vertically are E65 & E75:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_route_E65
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_route_E75
(For more info on Eroads, check here: http://europe.aaroads.com/eroads/eroads.pdf & here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... ad_network)

I'm not sure if a European-wide common taxonomy has been implemented but i would suggest we use the same one for these roads.

In any case, great to be here and really looking fwd to cooperating with all of you!
JimmyK1
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Global Champ | Greece Country Manager
Map Editing | Junction Style Guide | FAQ

Post by orbitc
Hi and Welcome to All,

My name is orbitc. USA based Champ. I would like to know if there is anyway that I can help with your efforts. Particularity with mentoring and helping editors.
We have an official Formal mentoring program if you like to take a look.

Basically,
  • Formal Mentoring is a one-on-one interaction between a Mentee and an officially approved Waze Mentor with a defined objective, duration, and under a common set of rules, with the purpose of accelerating advancement of editor rank and roles while maintaining quality of editing and Waze Community interaction. Mentors may have multiple separate Mentees at one time. Mentors may also suggest group or team mentoring activities for their Mentees.
Please let me know how can I help. :)
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!