Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Timbones
paulkok_my wrote:Not sure whether it is reported correctly by Toolbox but I get a "JNF script not active. Upgrade!" when I click on the node. If I press "Q", the embedded JNF function from Toolbox still works.
I think that's a feature of Color Highlights script, which might not be able to see JNF when it's embedded in Toolbox.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
dbraughlr wrote:A hundred times a day I use the workaround of creating an unneeded road then deleting it. There is no basis to restrict such a feature.
Me too. So many times a segment needs to be split in two because it is actually 2 differently named roads (often on a corner). Perfectly valid use case, and I'm sure there are others such as city boundaries, road types, etc.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
dbraughlr wrote:All roundabouts mush have at least three consecutively-numbered one-way segments in the direction of driving.
I disagree with this. A roundabout with 2 segments is a valid roundabout, and segments do not need to be consecutively-numbered. I know of many instances of both, and they function just fine.

:ugeek: :roundabout-expert:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
CBenson wrote:I've certain heard others say that routing can be problematic where waze is choosing routes and two segments connect the same two nodes.
I'm guessing these problems were with two two-way roads (which are not parking lots)? I would think there are numerous instances where two one-way (opposite directions) come together at the same nodes on either end, which of course shouldn't cause any routing problems (unless there were rev-cons as well).

But there must be tremendous numbers of loops broken by one node (even JNF does this), creating a similar situation. I have always read the wiki the same way ncc1701v interpreted it.

#brainshift_again
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
Hi and THANK YOU for all the work you're putting in to making this Swiss Army tool work for us. Big Thanks of course, also go to all those who allowed their individual scripts to be included and those who have contributed otherwise.

[other shoe*clunk*] :D
Now, I'm seeing a slightly strange behavior. When clicking Suppress Unneeded Junctions in the same position repeatedly, the edit count continues to climb, for no apparent reason. This happens whether there were correctable junctions in or around the window or not.

1.3.5.4/1.2.2, Chrome 31.0.1650.57 m
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
iainhouse wrote:That is not an edit count - it's a count of undoable changes....
Right. I understood that, and used the wrong term. :oops: Thanks for the clarification!

So, that is an expected behavior? I don't remember "Suppress" doing that in Add-Ons, but maybe I just never tried it...?

(Never knew that about JNF, either. Just picked a node at random and saw 5 changes on the first press, then 9 additional on each subsequent press.)
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
SuperDave, the tool highlights when an overzealous or point-farming editor has erroneously placed a roundabout in the round end of a cul-de-sac. We have a Level 4 editor out here who loves to do this.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
SuperDave1426 wrote:Unfortunately, there's no easy way to transition from Google Maps to the Map Maker and I end up wasting a bunch of time scrolling around in the Maker trying to find the location I'm looking at in Maps.
Couldn't be much easier; Just click the link in the lower right of the Google window that says "Edit in Google Map Maker". Opens it in the exact same spot for me.
MapMaker Link.jpg
(6.82 KiB) Downloaded 2009 times
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
Thank you once again for creating, adapting and maintaining this tool for us. Thank You!! :) And one more Thanks to those whose efforts were included into Toolbox a short while ago!

Now that the flattery is completed :D, here's the inevitable request: :o ;)

A tool that would be very useful to some of us would be a button which would take the lon,lat of the currently selected element (center of segment, or node) or the center of the window, and place it into the clipboard in the form of a Waze Navigate To link, as discussed here, which could then be pasted into an email or SMS for later usage in examining problems.

Some (many?) of us are crazy enough to go on Waze-about to explore specific situations we find in the editor, and being able to easily get these locations to our phones directly from WME would be tremendously useful. Toolbox seems like the natural place for something like this.

Please? :)
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
ply8808 wrote:
BellHouse wrote:Today I am getting only very few lock symbols displayed on WME (ROW) in Chrome.

Anyone else having this issue?
Been having the same issue and have noticed as you move around the screen they flicker on and off in different locations, odd....
Noticed some lock flickering last night, as well.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA