[Script] FC Highlights

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] FC Highlights

Postby taco909 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:12 pm

And time spent explaining the progress is time not spent coding ;)
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby tonestertm » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:26 am

AdreNalinGuY wrote:How is the work going folks? Anything ready for beta testing or not? :D
There's a (mostly) unwritten rule in Developer forums that the best way to ask about progress is to not. :)

Sometimes it is considered acceptable to post something like, "Really looking forward to this" or some such. Remember, this is all volunteer labor. ;)
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby doctorkb » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:52 pm

I've not got anything productive to show for it, but I'm working on it. :)
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

[Script] FC Highlights

Postby davielde » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:03 am

Version 0.4.1 has been deployed for use with Tampermonkey and Greasemonkey here:
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/5010-wme ... highlights

The conflict with WMECH has been resolved. FC Highlights now uses a new layer that you'll see in the WME Layer menu called "Functional Classification". It does not have its own street name labels at this time though, so it is necessary to leave the existing WME Roads layer on to view those. The storage issue with Firefox should be resolved now as well, so any changes to the different road type colors should save and reload.

I'm also toying with different event listeners without trying to resort to redrawing the segments automatically every X seconds. Probably the most noticeable area this will be seen is if you search and change map locations. If the highlights don't appear, just drag the map a bit or zoom in. This should change in a future version. Highlights should appear at the 500m zoom down to 2m as long as the layer is enabled.
davielde

[Script] FC Highlights

Postby bz2012 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:07 am

As I fight to convert areas from old mapping standard roads to FC mapping standards,
I was wondering how difficult it would be to 'recolor' the roads on the map so that
1) the colors 'match' the US FC maps colors for the equivalent types of WAZE map types.
objective: make the WAZE map, if properly configured, MATCH the FC map. That way, a quick glance at an area should show which segments need to be fixed.

2) optionally add 'grey scale density variations' to the 'white types' so that they are easy to distinguish from each other 'at a glance'.

Not sure if this would be best done as options in Color Highlights or a separate extension.
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Previous

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts