[script] WME Junction Angle Info

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby milkboy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:39 am

The Firefox addon will require some more time, as I need to install the whole developer environment from scratch (oh, and it may take several days to get the update published once it's ready)

EDIT: Firefox addon is at queue position 132/132...
Nexus 5 | CM 12 (Android 5 nightly) | Waze 3.9.3.0
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:30 pm

milkboy wrote:EDIT: Firefox addon is at queue position 132/132...

Not sure what happened, but suddenly it was reviewed!? Usually it takes forever =D Any Wazers doing addon reviews?
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:22 pm

I had a look at the flow chart (which is really nice, as it almost condenses the logic into code), so now the feature should be easy to implement :) I gave it a go a while back, but realized that the guesswork for routing instructions back then was only half correct. Anyway, please keep us posted on any updates to the flowchart. I might have a look at implementing something tomorrow but no promises yet.
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:54 am

Some progress yes. Hope to have something ready for alpha testing today =)

EDIT: Remove typos that happen when writing messages while feeding a child at the same time
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:16 pm

milkboy wrote:Some progress yes. Hope to have something ready for alpha testing today =)

The master branch on GitHub now has something to play with. Mostly it displays a pale blue for turn angles <=44, a gray for 44-46 and the "normal" green otherwise. It also tries to determine if the junction has another possible turn <44, in which case it should show up as green.

Oh, and I added configuration options, so the color coding of angles is disabled by default, and the colors are configurable =)

Still to be done:
- keep/exit logic (needs to start checking segment types etc)
- alt names checking etc for the above point
- roundabout support (needs quite a bit of work I'm afraid)

EDIT:
P.S. Also added decimal option (this one is for you PesachZ)
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:48 pm

brandonrossl wrote:I'd like to add a request that a best continuation/no instruction color be used as well for those times where it's super confusing.

This is looking to be one of the most useful plug-ins! Great job!

Yeah. It's work in progress ;) Probably won't have much time to do anything until next week though :(
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:33 am

Mmmmm.. Got something to think about with the best continuation.. As there might be one-way or otherwise restricted turns in one direction, but not the other, how should that be handled? Would there have to be two separate markers, or just use the order in which the segments were selected to choose driving direction? The latter one is "easy" while the former may be a bit complicated.. Will probably go with the latter one at least for now, but it could probably use some indication of driving direction.. Mostly just thinking out loud here =)
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:40 am

PesachZ wrote:Milkboy, thanks now I can use the master branch. Is there a way to install from gut hub, or I have to copy code into a custom script?

Not actually sure.. Currently pretty much using copy-paste with Tampermonkey while developing =/ Probably not the best solution. Anyway, auto-updating from the GitHub repo is probably a bad idea also, as committed version might actually be very much untested ;)
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:56 pm

PesachZ wrote:Oh well, I'm using the 1.6 master from github, but I'll wait for an official release to report any bugs then.

I will say though the 'regular turn' color is activated at 44° instead of the gray area color.

Fixed that today, but then again there are also other issues with the latest commits. Hope to have something semi stable in a few hours. Working on the best continuation logic :)
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Meh. Ran into some javascript version issues. need to rewrite some code to be more compatible, and some of the logic requires a bit more effort to actually be useful, but getting closer. Need some sleep now though =/ Will continue tomorrow...
milkboy

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts