[Script] WME Toolbox (>1.4.2.8)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Toolbox (>1.4.2.8)

Postby OyyoDams » Fri May 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Discussion thread about the "WME Toolbox" extension.

Features and download link:

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Extension:WME_Toolbox

If you have any question feel free to ask.
Last edited by OyyoDams on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 am, edited 6 times in total.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby doctorkb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:52 pm

New thread for Toolbox.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby iainhouse » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:57 pm

And guess what - the old thread started functioning properly! "First Unread post" took me straight to the right place! :lol:
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Location: on the road from London to insanity, with Waze HQ in the driving seat

Postby doctorkb » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:00 pm

iainhouse wrote:And guess what - the old thread started functioning properly! "First Unread post" took me straight to the right place! :lol:

Of course it did! :)

FWIW, when I copied the thread, it didn't even get all the posts (something 1498 instead of 1503 or whatever). So it's clear we were pushing the limits of what a thread should have before being recreated... :)

Oyyo: given the popularity of this script and your ongoing development work, could I propose that you create a new thread whenever you increment the minor version (i.e. 1.5 to 1.6)? That would probably also help you keep track of ongoing issues...

Just a thought.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (>1.4.2.8)

Postby ispyisail » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:22 am

WME Toolbox 1.4.2.8 does not load anymore

I am logged in to WME?

anybody else having the same problem?

EDIT: Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m windows vista64bit
Last edited by ispyisail on Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Zealand and Papua New Guinea Country Manager
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:53 am

I just started seeing the same problem. On old tabs still open with I assume was the old editor all was functioning, but after a permalink to those tabs, I no longer have the toolbox loading.

Currently on FF 29.
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby masvbr » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:51 am

is it possible to get link to a bit older version? ... better anything than run editor totaly withou Toolbox.

EDIT: FF 29.0.1

EDIT2: twice reinstalled and it is back and working :)
LC, [L5] CM Czech Republic, WME Beta, Android + Waze Beta Client, https://www.wazer.cz
masvbr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5

Postby OyyoDams » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:20 am

Ok this should be fixed.

Code: Select all
Fix: Toolbox sometimes doesn't load if user is already logged
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:39 pm

It worked after two permalinks to same page. Might have been a residual of 1.4.2.8. It appears to be OK now.

OyyoDams, also I assume you are still trying to figure out the Loop Fix and Unnecessary Junctions cycle. Those prior examples are still doing what we identified previously. I'm not being impatient, just double checking it is still on the list for eventual update. :mrgreen:
USA: Now Idaho; previously California (Northern, SF/SJ)

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
PLEASE READ: Waze Map Editor (Start Here) | Editing Quick-start | Best Practices | Junctions
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Let's report them here:

kentsmith9 wrote:I continue to find loops like this one that will sweep to remove and then fix the loop back and forth. Sometimes you can even save in between and it will stop, but then permalink again and it starts the circle again. I messed with a few others doing that process over and over on the same loop with a save sometimes after a sweep and sometimes after a loop fix. Not sure the combination, but eventually the loop stops the cycle and it no longer requires a fix. This one above seems to be in that category so I left it unsaved. I believe the current extra node was added by the loop script by me with 1.4.2.5 today.

Another loop highlighted here will want to be swept right after a permalink, and then the loop process begins like the others above. However the two loops on the map directly above this one did not have the problem until I messed with one of them. :lol: For fun I removed the node that used to be at the corner of this segment. The loop fix added a new junction between these segments. Now the sweeper wants to remove the south-most junction. No further saves done here.

Here are two more loops that the loop fix just fixed for me, but after the save and permalink they want to be swept.

For comparison, these two loops did not show the problem described above. The loops needed fixing and never allowed the sweeper to fix the extra nodes after all my attempts to confuse it. ;)

(EDIT: Yellow paragraph is no longer a problem after cycling through Sweep/Loop Fix in Chrome with toolbox multiple times. Other links still showing the problem as noted.)

kentsmith9 wrote:Toolbox believes this segment should be straightened, but in my opinion it pulls the road a little too far off the actual road since it curves. It seems like it might be a little too aggressive in what it is considering is a straight enough line.

(I originally made this same comment in the Validator thread and Sketch agreed with my comment over there.)
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Next

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts