Reporting on an a road condition AFTER passing it.

You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, MGODLEW

Forum rules

Click the following link to read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before opening new threads here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze App forum (parent of this forum).

Re: Reporting on an a road condition AFTER passing it.

Postby bigredaudi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:27 pm

The other issue is when you're driving through the mountains but have no coverage. It doesn't let you even bring UP the mark screen to save the GPS point to mark it later ... because you have no coverage. Kind of self-defeating.
bigredaudi

Reporting on an a road condition AFTER passing it.

Postby Bfry123 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:50 pm

It would be a great benefit if a driver or passenger could report on an accident, hazard, or police AFTER it has been passed.

Many times the driver and passenger are busy concentrating on the event at hand and don't have time to respond or input information about a situation on the road as it occurs.

It would be great if the system allowed you to input data AFTER a location has been immediately passed (say no more than 1 mile).

This would give more time to input more detail and accurately indicate hazards.

IMHO
Bfry123

Re: Reporting on an a road condition AFTER passing it.

Postby AutoDMC » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:01 pm

EightBitRanger wrote:I'm not entirely sure if this is accurate or not, but it seems to me that a report is positioned where I first hit the report button, regardless of how far down the road I am before it's submitted as long as I submit it before it times out.

When you hit the report pin button, a little flip notification comes up letting you know "Location and time saved." As long as you leave that menu open, the time and location will pin it to when you tapped the button, not when you send the report.

Alternatively, you can select the type of report, then save the report for later, by hitting the "Later" button or let the report time out. You then get a tab along the left hand side of the screen that you can tap later to add the details of the report.

This even works for closures; as soon as you know a route's closed hit "Report -> Closure -> Later." You can then hit the tab at the next safe location to fill out the details of the closure.

It takes a bit of practice, but once you've got the hang of it you won't have a misplaced pin ever again.
AutoDMC

Previous

Return to Waze App Feature Requests