Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

Routing error - Wendover, Bucks.

Post by AndyPot2
This one has got me stumped and there are now three UR's here. I first looked at it a few weeks ago, couldn't see a fault, all turn restrictions looked ok so thought I would leave it for the local AM or someone a bit smarter than me :lol:.

User is driving towards SW and wants to turn left onto Chalkshire Road but Waze directs them past the road, round the roundabout then back to turn right into Chalkshire Road. OK so it looks like left turns are (or were) disabled. However it's now a few weeks later and it's still happening.

To further confuse matters if you try this in Live Maps with your starting point less than a 1/4 mile from the left turn it works properly, however move your starting point further away and you will get directed around the roundabout with the proper route as an alternative, time wise they are both listed as 1 minute but the primary route is listed as 0.45 mile with the secondary (proper) route 0.37 miles. This is the case now and when I first looked at it a few weeks ago so I'm fairly sure no turn restrictions have been changed.

What's going on?
AndyPot2
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:16856836

Send a message

Post by ditchi56
The A38 topic may be the same sort of problem?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Here's another one from the A4320 in Bristol. It dates from 30th April so the problem's been around for a while.

Would it be worth changing the title of this thread to make it a general example-collecting thread?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
And another one, which I must admit I'd forgotten about despite starting the thread. :oops:
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Timbones
We've started seeing these occurring recently, and it's where Waze thinks that it is quicker to do that rather than the expected.

We should collect some examples and ask HQ to investigate them.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by wolfsbane2k
I have pinged HQ Support about these now, as originally posted in the above post.
Anyone want the support call number?
wolfsbane2k
Send a message
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.