Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Basemap fail (wrong province)

Post by Jay91150
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... 94&env=usa

The above segment shows a province of Nunavut but is actually in Newfoundland & Labrador. The adjacent major highway segment (the one that shows 'unknown' direction, which I haven't updated yet) has the correct province.

I've noticed this quite a bit up the peninsula on which the above link is located, but thought I had made an error when editing. It's on more than just the occasional sideroad - some major highways and other streets have this problem too.

Can someone in Waze admin change the province/state value for all features within a particular geographic area? I figure that's the best way to solve this problem. Newfoundland is far enough off the coast that a box bounded by geographic points will encompass all of it and none of any other state or province.

Edit - I almost forgot about the French territory of St-Pierre-et-Miquelon, which is off the southwest coast of the Burin Peninsula. That area should NOT get changed, but the rest on and near the island certainly should.
Jay91150

POSTER_ID:16872708

Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Hi Jay,

I've not heard of this sort of request in the past, but it's not the first time we've seen these symptoms.

It seems a number of unnamed roads got strange provinces -- I still see the occasional PEI in Alberta, and more than the occasional Alberta in Quebec.

Your best bet would be to use Toolbox to isolate these in a list view, and update them appropriately with the update streets tool in Toolbox.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I'll try to remember to install Toolbox and investigate if I know how to accomplish that.
Jay91150
Send a message