Post by elljay23
At least it's not just me! I've posted about it on the main release thread.
elljay23
Send a message

Post by fieldenm
I have checked three Hotels in Walsall - and a few in Birmingham. They are all categorised as 'Hostels'. :roll:
A global fix may be preferable to us all hunting them down and changing them!
fieldenm
Send a message
Last edited by fieldenm on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by fieldenm
Garden Centre is missing

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
fieldenm
Send a message

Post by fieldenm
Landmarks that were Hotels are still showing as Hostels now that they have changed to places.
fieldenm
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Moving in GMM where it was almost immediately updated (within ten minutes) Waze was able to route correctly to the address
Kinda begs the question, what is the point of this whole endeavour, it's not like Waze and Google are so far apart anymore is it?

What was the big issue with what we already had? I feel this is just a cumbersome way of trying to either copy a database of shops, or to take someone to the door of a shopping centre car park when it could be pretty big like Lakeside or Bluewater with bits here and there (some full some not). There are too many variables for something like this to be used for parking.

We really need clearer guidance on this. Do these areas still suppress reports, or do we still need PLRs? If so, what's the point in the area.

OR...are service roads used to the edge of the parking area (lot) and the area covers it all so just go where you want?

So confused :(
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
It's very Americanised, like the example in Area+Point Combinations. Sure if all shop fronts were open like this in a shopping centre it'd be ideal, and I can imagine maybe it'd work for things like McArthur Glen locally, but big (BIG) shopping centres....why, just why?

How do we account for all the variables like full up car parks, or whatever, or are we generally going with "whatever is most sensible given X, Y, Z"?
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
The map hasn't been updated for 2 weeks or so. It is possible to have any results at all yet?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
I thought it was agreed that Parking Lot or Car Park (as Waze suggested and general consensus was) that they should purely be used for *public* car parks where a driver wouldn't be penalised?

The rules have ALWAYS been to *never* cover a traversable road segment with acquirable road speed data with a parking lot area/landmark as this will suppress all reports (and assumedly data collection).

We really need to get CAs to write this up when they get the chance (doubt they're even home yet!!!)

Be patient, give it a couple of days (a week maybe?!) for the dust from the meetup to settle before finalising anything.
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
You said pending then expanded to say what I just did lol nvm
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
We were already told it is the same as being the first category. Suppressed reports etc
floppyrod84
Send a message