2 Issues

Post by zachb10
Hello all. Couple questions- first, occasionally when I log into the website, it shows everything in kilometers instead of miles. I see no way to change this; any idea how to fix? Eventually it shows up in miles again but it's irritating.

Second- I need to edit the map around my house. It says I have arrived at my destination a full 3 blocks or so before I am actually at the correct house number. What would be the best procedure for correcting this?

Thanks in advance!

Zach
zachb10

POSTER_ID:1921581

Send a message

Post by Dave2084
It does that when I route to my house too.

There are no connectivity issues and the house numbers are spot on yet it still puts the destination pin about 200yards before my house. :-(
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by dmcconachie
How are you routing to your house? If you are just routing to your address there is every chance the house numbers do not even exist on the street so it will route you to the midpoint of the road.

Or have you set a placemark at your house?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by hallmike
Post a permalink and we will take a look at the area
hallmike
Send a message
https://photos.imageevent.com/hallmike/ ... llmike.jpg ...when you care enough to Waze the very best

Post by Timbones
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

1. Are you logging in to http://world.waze.com ? Make sure you've selected your country on the homepage before hand.

2. Check that all the roads near your house are connected. Use the "[_] Highlight Connectivity" option on the View panel. You can select two roads and "Connect roads by order of selection", or select the junction and click on "Enable all turns".

See the Wiki for more on how to edit the maps. There is a lot of useful information, which I recommend you take the time to look at. > http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Editing

I hope that helps...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Last edited by Timbones on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by zachb10
Thank you for the welcome and fast responses! I will check the connectivity of the roads. However it looks like there is also a road that is not existent on the map and it also tries to take me on some weird route when leaving my house (completely wrong). My Garmin is also completely wrong at my house - they both say I am arriving in the same area so I do not think it's just a Waze problem. The Garmin does the routing correctly though. Weird because I have been at the location for 2 years and even did a map update on the Garmin.

So far I'm loving Waze - it's really a cool concept and works great on the iPad 2.
zachb10
Send a message