Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Fafa114
OK. I know ;)

It was just to use only one app and do "everything" from it.

No matter, I'll use it like that :)
Fafa114
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Fedelosa
Liurai wrote:Is there some WME House Number for Dummies?

I can use the app, but i don't know how to save that information on live map.

And I don't need a 3 steps tutorial. I need a 30 step tutorial. :lol:
Did you install the Google Chrome addon?

Enviado desde mi SM-G900M mediante Tapatalk
Fedelosa
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
bedo2991 wrote:
  • Wait for the GPS fix and be sure to have at least a 15m precision (otherwise you won't be able to save the HN).
  • Insert all the requested information (some of them are required just once and you can set them from the menu) and press the big button "Store HN".
Regardless of whether the precision of my position is green 6.0m, 8.0m or 12.0m, or red 16+m, the StoreHN button is just very briefly flashing in a 1 second rhythm. Simultaneously, the phone's GPS symbol in the upper Android notification area is disappearing, appearing, disappearing... Switching to any other GPS app causes the symbols to be displayed constantly, after a switch back to HNH the symbol goes back to dance.

Both City and Street seems to be filled in correctly.

When trying hard and fast to repeatedly press the StoreHN button, I've possibly succeeded twice to press it, the button changed its color to blue. But no HN got stored. On one such attempt the app crashed.

Could the 15m requirement be loosened to 20m? Or a user preference for it? I can imagine being unable to get a good position precision on some places with e.g. dense and tall buildings, or with suboptimal constellations of satellites.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
foxitrot wrote:Regardless of whether the precision of my position is green 6.0m, 8.0m or 12.0m, or red 16+m, the StoreHN button is just very briefly flashing in a 1 second rhythm. Simultaneously, the phone's GPS symbol in the upper Android notification area is disappearing, appearing, disappearing... Switching to any other GPS app causes the symbols to be displayed constantly, after a switch back to HNH the symbol goes back to dance.
[...]
When trying hard and fast to repeatedly press the StoreHN button, I've possibly succeeded twice to press it, the button changed its color to blue. But no HN got stored. On one such attempt the app crashed.
After updating my phone from GingerBread to Jelly Bean, the GPS fix part is now working for me, I am able to store HNs.

You should possibly test the app on some more GingerBread devices?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by franckentien
it's fun it's a good option i try this better tomorrow
thaks for this app i send many house number now
franckentien
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
samsung galaxy SIII mini - 4.1.2 - Waze 3.7.2
groupe: "Montpellier Nord"

Post by fred-porto
It still does not work with me... I did not installed it using tampermonkey, just moved to extension dialog box... is that the problem? I don't have tampermonkey, although I use many scripts with no errors until now.

My monitor has full hd resolution, but I also tried 1600x900 with no luck.

any ideas?

Fred

UPDATE:
FIXED. It only works with tampermonkey installed.
fred-porto
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message
https://world.waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Glodenox
As of Firefox version 44 (currently in beta) it is not allowed to assign a value to unsafeWindow (as it is an undefined constant for some reason). I'm currently checking some of the scripts in the forum to make sure they won't break once Firefox 44 goes live (January 26). I've checked your userscript and it uses unsafeWindow quite a bit, so you may run into problems. Either way, the code below won't do anything useful any more as this way of retrieving the unsafeWindow has been removed. I've seen other scripts just using unsafeWindow without that check and they seem to run fine, so that might be worth a try.

Code: Select all

var bGreasemonkeyServiceDefined     = false;

try
   {
      if (typeof Components.interfaces.gmIGreasemonkeyService === "object")
      {
         bGreasemonkeyServiceDefined = true;
      }
   }
   catch (err)
   {
      //Ignore.
   }
   if ( typeof unsafeWindow === "undefined"  ||  ! bGreasemonkeyServiceDefined)
   {
      unsafeWindow    = ( function ()
      {
         var dummyElem   = document.createElement('p');
         dummyElem.setAttribute ('onclick', 'return window;');
         return dummyElem.onclick ();
      } ) ();
   }
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Belgium & Luxembourg Coordinator • Script Writing Community Coordinator
https://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeBelgium.pnghttps://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png

Post by kentsmith9
Is the "Memo Layer" new and I missed the memo saying how it works? Maybe I did not have the Memo Layer on to see about the new layer? It appears on my Layer drop down list only when this script is enabled.

Maybe this script is enabling a future Memo layer feature built into the editor?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
bedo2991 wrote:No, it's not a future WME's feature. From the application now you can choose to add a text memo on your current position (the function is in the menu), then it will be (horribly) displayed on WME when you'll load the string.
1. I don't see any text memo field under any menu in the Client App. Is it only in the beta?
2. Somehow the "menu layer" option is only displayed when I enable this extension. Is it only me with this result?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Ah. Now I follow. The Memo layer IS part of the House Number Extension in WME, but only loaded through the House Number App.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message