Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Post by
What's new

Keeping up with friends & family is easier than ever before! With new & improved features, put an end to those pesky texts and phone calls – “I’m leaving now,” I’m stuck in traffic,” “Almost there!” – allowing Waze to do the work for you.

- Find more friends on Waze by adding Contacts
- Send & receive friend requests and manage your friends list
- Get in touch with friends directly from their profiles: Share a drive, call, message or beep beep to say - hello!
- Locations sent between friends are saved on user profiles for future navigation
- New easy-to-use design for sending locations
- Share your drive to let friends & family know you’re on the way
- Redesigned ETA screen includes friends display to easily share your drive
- New icon on ETA tab shows the number of people viewing your shared drive, and expands for overview of activity
- Main menu redesigned to include new Send Location button and Share Drive button in Nav mode

Bug fixes:
- Waze freezing when performing a search
- General stability improvements

POSTER_ID:4749935

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
RTPeat wrote:
RangeRoverHSE wrote:Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
Yes, can confirm that after the upgrade my UK voices now do not read out street names. Initially Daniel lost TTS but Serena still could, after a reinstall they now both do not read out street names.
There were issues during testing with TTS they hoped to have solved before release. It would appear that not all the bugs were ironed out. It's gotten better, but this version does request significantly more data from the TTS servers, and that could be part of the problem.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
pjlasl wrote:Tts no worky...
RangeRoverHSE wrote:Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
viewtopic.php?p=811278#p811278
TTS files are downloaded late/slowly due to an issue which remains, but over time, you will find that the TTS cache of commands will build up and street names will become more regular.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
crturboguy wrote:You have now lost the ability to snap to your location and have waze update the map with your position during the drive.
I think this has been around a good while. The workaround is to tap the screen, tap the north-up button, then tap the target button (follow me on map).
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BaconDog wrote:
  • The volume control buttons change the Ringer volume and not the app volume. I had to switch to a different app to change the volume and then go back to Waze
This has been an issue for quite some time, asked many times and answered just as often. Because Waze doesn't have a constantly open audio channel, the volume buttons when Waze isn't playing a sound, adjust the ringer volume and not the output volume which Waze will use. This is kind of by design of Waze and iOS, but it is annoying.

You can change the output volume with the hardware buttons when a sound is playing or when you activate voice commands and the "listening" prompt is on the screen.
BaconDog wrote:
  • I've tried adding my wife as a contact and it doesn't seem to take. She is not a Wazer, but I like to send her my destination information anyways (anywaze? ;) ). I don't see her pretty face in the "Tap a Photo to Add a Friend" tray even though I've added her before.
Tap the "more sending options" link (or something like that) and you can send it as a text or email, etc.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
NorfolkMustard wrote:This is a bit pants, lads. Send Location and Share Drive now require a mobile number
I don't have my number entered in the app and can send:

1. Navigate
2. Tap Go
3. Main menu->Share Drive
4. Tap "More sending options" link
5. Tap Text, Email, Copy link ; whichever you want.

Does Waze not show that for you too?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
NorfolkMustard wrote:Unfortunately not, no. Every route to share location for me takes me to the "enter a number" screen with no way out apart from X or Next (disabled until you enter a number)
Weird. Maybe because I had entered my number previously during testing and now because it is in my account on the server side, this feature is "unlocked." That is unfortunate.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
krikketdoug wrote:And the favorites list is still as disfunctional as always. The only order there is the order that they were entered in on
Favorites on iOS have always been able to be reordered manually. I agree that another sorting order would be nice to apply, like age/last use or alphabetical. We've had that feature request in for a real long time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
vituja wrote:I can also confirm that the USA TTS is not working on its default setting "Samantha" since the upgrade to 3.8.0
vituja wrote:
pjlasl wrote:Tts no worky...
Yes. Confirmed!!!
Noted multiple times in the thread, that TTS and 3.8 are still buggy. Please read my post(s) earlier in this thread about it. Other users are finding it works better as time goes on.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bz2012 wrote:Often the verbal cue is too early.
It says things like
"turn right then turn left".
The only problem is that the left is 3 blocks away but it sounds like the left is immediately after the right.
Totally agree. I registered the same complaint during beta testing. The "and then" functionality was better before IMO, but even then still needed a lot of work.
bz2012 wrote:Then sometimes the cue is late like a 'keep left' on the expressway, only given AT the point where you must keep left. No verbal cue before and nothing from the sign.
This is odd. Only thing I can think is that the TTS bugs are preventing Waze from saying anything at all.
bz2012 wrote:Three blocks before a right turn onto an entrance ramp to the expressway:
"Exit"
No clue as to when or where or why.
At the ramp it said "Exit right".
Again no clue as to where or why.
This could be an artifact of another bug introduced in the very last beta version that was released. In that version, they removed the names of unnamed segments from the display and TTS started saying "turn right on" instead of "turn right." I wonder if unnamed segments of ramps which we have long-relied on for pulling the name of the next named segment, is also failing now. Or it could just be the "regular" TTS bugs. (FYI, the last beta version also became the official 3.8 version. They released it without fixing bugs reported by users the day the beta was released.)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jpere wrote:Buggy update. TTS telling me to exit in 4.3 miles.
Hundreds of users over the years have asked for much more advance notice of turns, such as just after the previous turn, Waze will now announce the next turn right away. 4.3 miles seems to be some magical number. It's close to 7km, whatever that means. :) But I believe that distances over 4.3 miles are supposed to say the time to the next turn instead of distance. However, with the TTS bugs, it isn't able to download the time-based announcement and ends up defaulting to the 4.3 miles distance. This was experienced and I think reported during the beta cycle.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message