Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
hsanivaram wrote:1. Earlier, waze used to notify me as "arriving at home", now it just says "you have reached your destination". This feels very AI like unlike the earlier notification.
This was also reported early on in beta testing but they didn't appear to want to fix it. It also says absolutely nothing for a stop point. (I'm also thinking that perhaps this is all due to the lingering TTS bugs and issues noted throughout this and other threads.)
hsanivaram wrote:2. When i lock my phone screen, waze dosent give me any directions. Earlier it used to. This is sorty of killing the experience as now i am more concerned of the battery than reaching home. :?
Just guessing here: Make sure your sound output settings are the same as before. If "play to speaker" is selected and Waze is backgrounded before you lock your phone, iOS prevents Waze from outputting to the speaker and defaults to the current system sound output.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
redvers76 wrote:Here's how it should work :

As it did in 3.7.8!!
That means no ability to friend people outside of facebook. And you still are not required to share contacts with Waze to send a text with your drive to someone.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Yankee_Girl wrote:Does anyone know how to get the Siri voice back? My Waze app is set to "Samantha US" since I installed it about a year ago and until this update, he voice I heard was Siri. As of today (first day after the update) I have a different voice and do not seem to be able to change it back. The new voice is very annoying (to my ears at least ;) ) so any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Waze has never used Siri because Apple doesn't allow it. Previous version had Samantha and Tom for TTS voices. There are other voices which do not give street names though. You can choose any of those. But again, Siri was never one of them.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:I agree with some other posters that the final instruction comes too late, far too late at freeway speeds.
My experience has been the opposite: freeway speeds announcements seem just fine but surface street announcements are way too early for the final instruction.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
tbhall wrote:After applying this latest update from app store to iphone 4S, volume is too low to be helpful while driving. Using the volume button only brings up the ringer volume not the app volume.
It's been like this for years. Literally. You need to change the volume when a sound is playing or when voice command is activated. The hardware buttons only act on the currently open audio channel. Waze doesn't constantly keep the audio channel open, so when it's not playing a sound, iOS defaults the buttons back to ringer.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
vince1612 wrote:It seems like the "Friend pick-up" (wiki link) feature is gone in this version.

Is that because it is now replaced with how people can send locations to other friends inside the App ?
It will return in v3.9. There were issues with the feature.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
brewbyte wrote:I can't get past this point as Waze is not showing up in Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Can't figure out what's going on.
Sounds like Waze has not requested to access your contacts yet. What happens when you tap the Friends icon on the main screen, then tap the Add Friends icon at the top right?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
bz2012 wrote:In WAZE, those buttons only effect the 'ringer volume' for some strange reason. (someone reported that DURING a WAZE voice announcement, the buttons would work, but how do you time things right to hit those buttons during the announcement?)
No need to time it. I've written this I think 20 times in various threads: You can also adjust the device volume when you activate voice command. (Previously in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96661&p=816615&hili ... el#p816615)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
danianzueto wrote:Anybody have problems looking for places that include numbers in the name?
Interesting... There is a thread in the Navigation or Search forum regarding an issue with certain Places. They do happen to have numbers in them.

Actually, it's in this forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96599
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AliG2605
Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
I'm using the iOS version and found that it reads out some street names but not all of them.
On one road with multiple roundabouts it said "At the roundabout take the second exit, at the roundabout turn left". The turn left is for the roundabout after the one I was just approaching. (That is, I should be going straight ahead at the first roundabout and left at the following roundabout). This could be rather confusing if I didn't know where I was going…

Cheers
AliG
AliG2605
Send a message