iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby kweeheng » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:36 am

There is a bug on hidden mode. Closing Waze on hidden mode should clear off the hidden state in next start, however the hidden mood display on the left menu when Waze relaunched but the 'go invisible' on "My Waze" shown otherwise

Country Manager: Malaysia
Area Manager: Klang / Port Klang / Kapar
Malaysia Waze Facebook Group
Malaysia Waze G+ Group

Waze Borneo Facebook
kweeheng
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby usa_sm82xfru » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:54 am

Dogadaner wrote:I can not login It recursively wants that I login and doesn't take my pre name and sure name. When I want to go back to the main screen I end up with the "update your wazer" message. So I can't use the App anymore (iPhone4S iOS 7.1.1) with my account, only with a random wazer.

I'm also having this issue. When receiving the "Update Your Wazer" (which I used to have a specific Wazer I used) and clicking on "Continue", nothing happens. It just sits there. Dropping out of the app and going back in just gets you back to the "Update Your Wazer" popup.
usa_sm82xfru

Postby RTPeat » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:15 pm

omba_de wrote:Fill in the following as a destination in navigation:
cc@tts
Case sensitive

I've tried that already, along with a complete re-install - TTS is still broken.
RTPeat

Postby AliG2605 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:

I'm using the iOS version and found that it reads out some street names but not all of them.
On one road with multiple roundabouts it said "At the roundabout take the second exit, at the roundabout turn left". The turn left is for the roundabout after the one I was just approaching. (That is, I should be going straight ahead at the first roundabout and left at the following roundabout). This could be rather confusing if I didn't know where I was going…

Cheers
AliG
Image Image
AliG2605
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Dogadaner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:29 pm

usa_sm82xfru wrote:I'm also having this issue. When receiving the "Update Your Wazer" (which I used to have a specific Wazer I used) and clicking on "Continue", nothing happens. It just sits there. Dropping out of the app and going back in just gets you back to the "Update Your Wazer" popup.

Absolutely Right! And When I try to continue this Dialog I get an Uups Message and end up with the Profile screen but without First and Second Name, altough I filled them at a Dialog before. Getting back brings again the "Update your wazer". Only Way Out is to switch to a random wazer. Then I'm not logged in but have ALL favorites and settings!! Shouldn't be so I think!
Dogadaner

Postby iainhouse » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:49 pm

alig2605 wrote:
Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:

I'm using the iOS version and found that it reads out some street names but not all of them.
On one road with multiple roundabouts it said "At the roundabout take the second exit, at the roundabout turn left". The turn left is for the roundabout after the one I was just approaching. (That is, I should be going straight ahead at the first roundabout and left at the following roundabout). This could be rather confusing if I didn't know where I was going…

Cheers
AliG

I suspect that your problem is not with missing TTS voices. It is probably due how the new client announces instructions via TTS. Despite feedback during Beta, we were told this was "working as designed". Now, it seems that it isn't "working as designed" and will be reverted within a couple of months. More info here.
AM: London (DELETED)
ImageImageImage
UK AdminsUK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby brewbyte » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:51 pm

In order to complete the social setup I am required to navigate to my iPhone settings => Privacy => Contacts and make sure Waze is allowed to access my contacts. Waze is not showing up there and I'm unable to complete the social set up so I can share my drive. Anyone else having this problem? I'm running iOS 7.1.1 and Waze 3.8.0.
brewbyte

iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby sketch » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:53 pm

RTPeat wrote:
omba_de wrote:Fill in the following as a destination in navigation:
cc@tts
Case sensitive

I've tried that already, along with a complete re-install - TTS is still broken.

Both of these might be hurting your case, actually.

Something is definitely wrong with the TTS server or the way the app connects to it. It works only occasionally; seems like it's better some times of the day and worse other times. But every time it DOES work, it saves the speech file to your cache, so if you take that road again you'll hear it again. So clearing your cache and reinstalling can actually hurt your case. And using it for a week without clearing your cache will make it at least halfway usable.

The server problem should only affect getting street names; Waze TTS voices include a big set of fallback phrases (like "turn left" alone) for when the download doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby RTPeat » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:59 pm

sketch wrote:Something is definitely wrong with the TTS server or the way the app connects to it. It works only occasionally; seems like it's better some times of the day and worse other times. But every time it DOES work, it saves the speech file to your cache, so if you take that road again you'll hear it again. So clearing your cache and reinstalling can actually hurt your case. And using it for a week without clearing your cache will make it at least halfway usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I've found that too. Yesterday after I did the update, the Daniel voice wasn't getting street names, but swapping to Serena got the names without a problem. After reinstalling both of them now don't get any street names.
RTPeat

Postby usa_eq6yo75b » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:13 pm

Same here. I uninstalled & reinstalled, and I'm still stuck on "Update your Wazer".

Dogadaner wrote:
usa_sm82xfru wrote:I'm also having this issue. When receiving the "Update Your Wazer" (which I used to have a specific Wazer I used) and clicking on "Continue", nothing happens. It just sits there. Dropping out of the app and going back in just gets you back to the "Update Your Wazer" popup.

Absolutely Right! And When I try to continue this Dialog I get an Uups Message and end up with the Profile screen but without First and Second Name, altough I filled them at a Dialog before. Getting back brings again the "Update your wazer". Only Way Out is to switch to a random wazer. Then I'm not logged in but have ALL favorites and settings!! Shouldn't be so I think!
usa_eq6yo75b

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App