These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by BaconDog
bz2012 wrote:try going to the 'voice memo' app and set the volume to max with the buttons.
Close voice memo and try WAZE.
That 'fixed' the volume for me.
There is nothing special about the Voice Memo app. Any app that uses the audio channel (most games, for instance) will allow you to adjust the volume (as opposed to the ringer) and that volume adjustment will persist in Waze.

Easier(?): If you have Voice Commands enabled in Waze, use a three finger tap to activate, adjust the volume, and then a single tap to dismiss Voice Commands.
BaconDog
Send a message
- Jeff -
iOS 7.1.1
Waze 3.8

Post by Baldugaras
The Philippines just lost Gas Price functionality. Have any other users reported this? Reported both on iOS and Android.

Gas button is gone from reports.
Going to Navigation menu, Gas Prices button is no longer available. The categories button is back though.
Under Navigation menu, hitting the Categories button, then going to Gas Station, gas prices are no longer shown.
Baldugaras
Send a message

Post by bikezilla64
Since getting 3.8.0 My Waze app has had very flaky GPS connections.
It loses the GPS many times during the route, and stops updating the screen. It has also hung up frequently when calculating routes, or updating the route.
I also get a persistent routing server timed out error or routing Six Flags, Jackson NJ.

I read through several pages in this thread but didn't see it mentioned.
Anyone else having these problems?
bikezilla64
Send a message

Post by bjsvec
For those complaining about SMS from third part server/phone number when sharing drive or location IT IS possible to still send via email or regular message app. You have to click the small print "More sending options" below the new "TAP A PHOTO" thing.

I would like to state that this should be cleaned up and improved though. It should be possible to choose sending method easier and have that choice saved for easy, regular access.

I also want to add that on my SNED LOCATION screen I always have a couple of unknown waze users showing as default as if I have used them before, but I have not. Again, this screen needs some improvement.
bjsvec
Send a message

Post by brewbyte
In order to complete the social setup I am required to navigate to my iPhone settings => Privacy => Contacts and make sure Waze is allowed to access my contacts. Waze is not showing up there and I'm unable to complete the social set up so I can share my drive. Anyone else having this problem? I'm running iOS 7.1.1 and Waze 3.8.0.
brewbyte
Send a message

Post by brewbyte
kingzut wrote:i would like to not share my contacts to be able to send a location/drive...

even if waze does not plan on addressing this or some global champ strenuously disagrees, can someone at least say if waze is even aware of this complaint?

click to share:
IMG_1305.PNG
here's what you see
IMG_1306.PNG
no thank-you.

I can't get past this point as Waze is not showing up in Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Can't figure out what's going on.
brewbyte
Send a message

Post by brewbyte
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
brewbyte wrote:I can't get past this point as Waze is not showing up in Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Can't figure out what's going on.
Sounds like Waze has not requested to access your contacts yet. What happens when you tap the Friends icon on the main screen, then tap the Add Friends icon at the top right?
Thanks for the response. When I click My Waze ==> My Friends then click the Add Friends icons at the top right I get the option of My Contacts or Facebook Friends. Tapping My Contacts results in the 'Hold Up...' screen where it directs me to Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Waze isn't showing up there.
brewbyte
Send a message

Post by brewbyte
NorfolkMustard wrote:You only get the "Hold up" screen if you've already disallowed waze access to your contacts, or you perhaps have a Settings > General > Restrictions > Privacy in place to disallow changes to your contact sharing.
That was it, thanks!
brewbyte
Send a message

Post by buttercup19
bz2012 wrote:Just allowing voice commands isn't enough. I allowed them in the previous version.
Perhaps disable and re-enable might work, or switching to another app that uses the speaker and switching back, but we should NOT need to know magic words and arcane gestures to make features like these work.

'Switching to voice memo and adjusting the volume' will do it.
Tried it on the way to work this morning and it worked!!!!
Thanks for posting this workaround! It worked for me, too. I'm so grateful as I was about to go back to Google Maps navi.
To the Support team that reads these posts: the low sound is definitely an issue. Never had an issue until recently. App isn't usable without hearing the navi audio directions. Can't be looking at the map while driving a car. I'd bump the bug up to "fix soon" status if I were you. Thanks.
buttercup19
Send a message

Post by bz2012
After the latest upgrade the verbal directions are terrible!
Often the verbal cue is too early.
It says things like
"turn right then turn left".
The only problem is that the left is 3 blocks away but it sounds like the left is immediately after the right.

Then sometimes the cue is late like a 'keep left' on the expressway, only given AT the point where you must keep left. No verbal cue before and nothing from the sign.

Another a cue too early and too cryptic to be useful.
Three blocks before a right turn onto an entrance ramp to the expressway:
"Exit"
No clue as to when or where or why.
At the ramp it said "Exit right".
Again no clue as to where or why.

These verbal cues are dangerous and misleading!
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message