[Script & App] WME House Number Helper (Eng. v.)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script & App] WME House Number Helper (Eng. v.)

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Thanks for this tool. I'm just starting to test it out. One thing I noticed, the color orange bubbles are only good up to 3 digits, after that it can be hard to see
Would it be possible to increase the diameter of the bubble, or to make it wider and oblong (of it's not too hard, only when there are more than 3 digits)?

Thanks again for your efforts.
ImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby PesachZ » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:30 pm

bedo2991 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:Would it be possible to increase the diameter of the bubble, or to make it wider and oblong (of it's not too hard, only when there are more than 3 digits)?

I quickly tried this morning but I failed, I'll try again in the future, when I'll have more free time :cry:

Thanks for trying.
One more suggesting for when you have time to play. I noticed sometimes if I'm walking fast two addresses next door to each other end up displayed on top of each other in the map. I believe this is because my location didn't update that I moved slightly between pressing 'store HN' both times. If its not too hard my suggestion would be in the script, if it sees there are overlapping entries to nudge the display over slightly so they don't overlap in the display. (I think you can look at the Junction Angle Info script, it may do this already.)
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby PesachZ » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:41 am

I want to report a conflict between this and another script. I am posting this in the thread for both scripts.

When using WME Chat addon simultaneously with WME House Number Helper (Eng. v.) I see this issue. The issue goes away when I disable WME House Number Helper.

When I click the Permalink+ icon in WME Chat addon, the message gets filled with
Code: Select all
javascript:;
instead of the Permalink.
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby PesachZ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:20 am

kentsmith9 wrote:
bedo2991 wrote:No, it's not a future WME's feature. From the application now you can choose to add a text memo on your current position (the function is in the menu), then it will be (horribly) displayed on WME when you'll load the string.

1. I don't see any text memo field under any menu in the Client App. Is it only in the beta?
2. Somehow the "menu layer" option is only displayed when I enable this extension. Is it only me with this result?

Perhaps it is only available on the original (Android) version of the app. It is accessible from the menu.

[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/29/a4aru7yd.jpg[/img]
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby PesachZ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:26 am

kentsmith9 wrote:Ah. Now I follow. The Memo layer IS part of the House Number Extension in WME, but only loaded through the House Number App.

The same way the house numbers are only loaded through the app. The layer in WME is a display feature for content in the email string, which in turn is produced by the app.
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby petya72 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm

carloslaso wrote:Friends an I have been working on this iOS app for this script but I'll need 5 beta testers on iOS7 before I submit it to the app store. I'll need you to PM your email address to send you the beta. I will only pick the first five email addresses sent. I will try to get more slots.

If you can help me find bugs on the app, the features you see in the app is all version 1.0 will have.

New feature ideas are welcome for v1.1.

Thanks bedo2991 for creating the script and making the idea of this app possible.

Hi Carloslaso!

Did you already post this script to Appstore? (I did not found it but maybe I do not know the name of the app.) If not is it still possible to become a beta tester? I have iOS 7.1 on iPhone 5s
Hungary - AM + iOS Expert
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1, waze 3.9.1
petya72
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:07 am

Oh, does this script require TamperMonkey? Is it possible to use natively in Chrome?
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:55 pm

None of the scripts I use require TamperMonkey, they all work in Chrome natively (URO, Color Highlights, Junction Angle Info, JNF, Toolbox, Validator)—many of them are in the Chrome App Store now, but all of them were once .user.js or .crx files that worked natively in Chrome.

I talked to the developer of WME Fancy Permalink, which was similar to House Number Helper in that it required TamperMonkey. He sent me the code for a bootstrap.user.js file and a manifest.json file, and I was able to build the .crx Chrome extension myself.
Image Image
sketch
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sketch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:31 pm

OK!

HNH 0.4.6, for direct installation into Chrome: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4339367/hnh046.crx

Working just fine along with the beta test version of carloslaso's iOS port :)

Image Image
sketch
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby sketch » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Watt25 wrote:
sketch wrote:OK!

HNH 0.4.6, for direct installation into Chrome

And what about 0.4.7? :)

Let me know if it works. It installed for me but I can't test right now. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4339367/hnh047.crx
Image Image
sketch
Map Raider
Map Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts