Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by danianzueto
sia0 wrote:I've noticed if I'm going through an area of poor or no signal and then return to an area with 4G or LTE signal, the app will continue to show 'Searching for network'. It's not unless I find WiFi or force-close and restart the app that the connection is re-established. It also doesn't matter if I let it search for 10 or more minutes. My phone's data connection seems ok as I can use Safari at the same time or get emails.

I'm using an iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.2 on T-Mobile on Waze 3.8.0. It's been an issue with the iOS 8 beta 3 (though there are more instabilities there that are probably unrelated to the app itself).

I have the same problem with 3G with iPhone 5.
danianzueto
Master Raider
Master Raider
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Nice to see Railways and runways on the map finally after all these years ...

Such a shame Waze couldn't see fit to update all the Colour Schemes and only did the default one.

And sadly ...

No improvements in speed cam captions blocking the map
No improvements in landscape layout
Don't even get me started on the new TTS roundabout functionality!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
Two more items:
1. Speed cameras now trigger both ways on a two way road.
2. iOS and android hazard reports still don't match. Specifically the 'car stopped on road' report is missing in iOS. This is do easy to fix, I do it in about a minute for every release.

Before
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/19/uqyguzap.jpg

After
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/19/pe8a8ede.jpg
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Two more Speech/TTS issues I have discovered today:

1. Roundabout instructions for non-TTS voices are also broken. When approaching an nth turn roundabout the advance warnings (1/0.5/0.25 miles) give you 'In <distance> at the roundabout ...', but at the roundabout you correctly get 'At the roundabout take the nth exit'. I tested with 'English (UK) Carol' and 'English (UK) Natalie'.

2. TTS street names for no name roads now carry forward for multiple junctions (at least 6, maybe infinite). Previously this was not the case (just one junction?) but now this now matches the on screen instructions. The problem here is if you journey includes a lot of no name roads the instructions given will get a TTS name for the next named street which could be a completely different class of road and many miles away. This has provoked a debate among UK CMs that maybe now is time to change policy and where a street really has no name then we might name it something like 'Un-named Road' As we have a UK Wazer conference in a week we will discuss this further their with our senior editors.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
The next Waze version NEEDS to be 'Navigation first'!

If waze do not fix the multitude of bugs that affect it's core feature (that is Navigation in case anyone has forgotten) to make it work properly, there may be no users left to use the social 'features'.

Waze also need to listen to their beta testers.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
rodlatham wrote:I wanted to reiterate what someone else has said about last minute turn notification. There is a problem where Waze will tell you to turn literally right at the street. The previous version would do a better job of preparing for the upcoming turn. Please fix. This should be a priority because it will cause people to swerve at the last minute to catch a turn. Thanks.
The opposite is true for me and at least some other UK Users in that the final instruction is now too early!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
I-Hate-Traffic wrote:
khovis wrote: I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying.
+1!
The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.

This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time. (I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).

I've lost track of how many times I have reported this but still Waze does not fix it.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by DeltaNu1142
Saudujas wrote:I am encountering problems with the volume of the audio of the application, after the upgrade to version 3.8.0! The volume is too lower even the volume bar, in the application, being on maximum. Thanks.
I found this as well. I don't think that changing the "Voice Memo" app volume helped, as indicated above.
DeltaNu1142
Send a message
Keep right.

Post by ditchi56
My app decided to upgrade itself, without asking my permission. :(

Haven't driven with the new version yet, but two things I notice straightaway.

"Favourites" seems to be cluttered with every destination I've ever saved there, and I do save quite a lot as I have learnt to locate destinations at home on Wifi and save them for later, since there may not be phone access when I want to go there. That doesn't mean that I want every place I went to once last year to be reappear on my favourites now. And why are Waze storing this information anyway?

There's a "friends" icon cluttering up a significant portion of the map space. And unlike the other icons that sometimes appear in the central map space, it's not see-through. How I can get rid of it?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
omba_de wrote:
kingzut wrote:i would like to not share my contacts to be able to send a location/drive...
Why don't you simply prohibit in your iOS settings?
Can't speak for the original poster, but I like the facility of destination search to pick up addresses from my contacts list. Therefore I do NOT want to use iOS settings to block Waze access to my contacts.

However, I don't want Waze initiating any form of message to my contacts, nor do I want Waze to "steal" my contacts list and pass it on to other organisations.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message