iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Dogadaner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:29 pm

usa_eq6yo75b wrote:Same here. I uninstalled & reinstalled, and I'm still stuck on "Update your Wazer".

Other things I tried:
- Change username - not possible. Neither in app nor on website.
- Change Emailadress - not working in app, nor mobile chrome, nor OSX chrome. But worked after second time in Mobile safari.
- Change password - worked in mobile safari.

Nothing helped me out.

Very sad! It was such a good app. I'll try to go back to V3.7.8 if I can handle this. Found a tutorial.

Sent from iPhone with Tapatalk
Dogadaner

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Official Feedback Thread

Postby Dogadaner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:29 pm

usa_sm82xfru wrote:I'm also having this issue. When receiving the "Update Your Wazer" (which I used to have a specific Wazer I used) and clicking on "Continue", nothing happens. It just sits there. Dropping out of the app and going back in just gets you back to the "Update Your Wazer" popup.

Absolutely Right! And When I try to continue this Dialog I get an Uups Message and end up with the Profile screen but without First and Second Name, altough I filled them at a Dialog before. Getting back brings again the "Update your wazer". Only Way Out is to switch to a random wazer. Then I'm not logged in but have ALL favorites and settings!! Shouldn't be so I think!
Dogadaner

Postby Dogadaner » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:18 pm

I can not login It recursively wants that I login and doesn't take my pre name and sure name. When I want to go back to the main screen I end up with the "update your wazer" message. So I can't use the App anymore (iPhone4S iOS 7.1.1) with my account, only with a random wazer.
Dogadaner

Postby dmcconachie » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:22 pm

caltech wrote:Privacy at risk !!!

In this version, with no warning, it seems that a huge change in privacy occurred for waze on IOS.
When you want to share your position with your family, not only you are now asked to enter and verify your phone number (for what reason if we don't need to), but you NEED to share your contacts... What is the real intent behind that obligation?

Would that be the new Google touch kicking in ? :o

Not acceptable, reversing to 3.7.8 immediately until this is fixed !!
In parallel, searching for alternatives, as I feel now very much uncomfortable with a good product in no so good hands apparently...

I urge anybody to think twice before to share all of this for that purpose...

It's for friend-matching. Put your tinfoil hat away!
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status
dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Waze has never been anything other than social. Requiring a login for friending purposes shouldn't come as a surprise and isp verification is the most universal method available.

dmcconachie

Postby dmcconachie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:36 pm

vvbarryvv wrote:Having an issue with the new "Send Location" feature. It now requires me to enter my phone number and receive a "verification text" to continue to send my locations and drives to my friends. Text is not a feature of my current carrier plan - voice and data only - so i cannot receive a verification text. this is a feature i use a LOT, and now i can't....

With the Android beta you could opt to receive a voice call instead of an SMS, is this not an option?

dmcconachie

Postby ditchi56 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Most app screens are quite small, and the Waze panel is already fairly cluttered.The permanent "add friends" icon is a most unwelcome addition. Unlike the other icons which are in the centre area (centre on location, face north/direction, zoom out, zoom in), it is there permanently and blocks the view of any road behind. Please give us a way of suppressing it (or just get rid of it).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:18 am

omba_de wrote:
kingzut wrote:i would like to not share my contacts to be able to send a location/drive...

Why don't you simply prohibit in your iOS settings?

Can't speak for the original poster, but I like the facility of destination search to pick up addresses from my contacts list. Therefore I do NOT want to use iOS settings to block Waze access to my contacts.

However, I don't want Waze initiating any form of message to my contacts, nor do I want Waze to "steal" my contacts list and pass it on to other organisations.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby ditchi56 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:43 pm

My app decided to upgrade itself, without asking my permission. :(

Haven't driven with the new version yet, but two things I notice straightaway.

"Favourites" seems to be cluttered with every destination I've ever saved there, and I do save quite a lot as I have learnt to locate destinations at home on Wifi and save them for later, since there may not be phone access when I want to go there. That doesn't mean that I want every place I went to once last year to be reappear on my favourites now. And why are Waze storing this information anyway?

There's a "friends" icon cluttering up a significant portion of the map space. And unlike the other icons that sometimes appear in the central map space, it's not see-through. How I can get rid of it?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby DeltaNu1142 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Saudujas wrote:I am encountering problems with the volume of the audio of the application, after the upgrade to version 3.8.0! The volume is too lower even the volume bar, in the application, being on maximum. Thanks.

I found this as well. I don't think that changing the "Voice Memo" app volume helped, as indicated above.
Keep right.
DeltaNu1142

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App