Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ditchi56
Most app screens are quite small, and the Waze panel is already fairly cluttered.The permanent "add friends" icon is a most unwelcome addition. Unlike the other icons which are in the centre area (centre on location, face north/direction, zoom out, zoom in), it is there permanently and blocks the view of any road behind. Please give us a way of suppressing it (or just get rid of it).
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
vvbarryvv wrote:Having an issue with the new "Send Location" feature. It now requires me to enter my phone number and receive a "verification text" to continue to send my locations and drives to my friends. Text is not a feature of my current carrier plan - voice and data only - so i cannot receive a verification text. this is a feature i use a LOT, and now i can't....
With the Android beta you could opt to receive a voice call instead of an SMS, is this not an option?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
Waze has never been anything other than social. Requiring a login for friending purposes shouldn't come as a surprise and isp verification is the most universal method available.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
caltech wrote:Privacy at risk !!!

In this version, with no warning, it seems that a huge change in privacy occurred for waze on IOS.
When you want to share your position with your family, not only you are now asked to enter and verify your phone number (for what reason if we don't need to), but you NEED to share your contacts... What is the real intent behind that obligation?

Would that be the new Google touch kicking in ? :o

Not acceptable, reversing to 3.7.8 immediately until this is fixed !!
In parallel, searching for alternatives, as I feel now very much uncomfortable with a good product in no so good hands apparently...

I urge anybody to think twice before to share all of this for that purpose...
It's for friend-matching. Put your tinfoil hat away!
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by Dogadaner
I can not login It recursively wants that I login and doesn't take my pre name and sure name. When I want to go back to the main screen I end up with the "update your wazer" message. So I can't use the App anymore (iPhone4S iOS 7.1.1) with my account, only with a random wazer.
Dogadaner
Send a message

Post by Dogadaner
usa_sm82xfru wrote:I'm also having this issue. When receiving the "Update Your Wazer" (which I used to have a specific Wazer I used) and clicking on "Continue", nothing happens. It just sits there. Dropping out of the app and going back in just gets you back to the "Update Your Wazer" popup.
Absolutely Right! And When I try to continue this Dialog I get an Uups Message and end up with the Profile screen but without First and Second Name, altough I filled them at a Dialog before. Getting back brings again the "Update your wazer". Only Way Out is to switch to a random wazer. Then I'm not logged in but have ALL favorites and settings!! Shouldn't be so I think!
Dogadaner
Send a message

Post by Dogadaner
usa_eq6yo75b wrote:Same here. I uninstalled & reinstalled, and I'm still stuck on "Update your Wazer".
Other things I tried:
- Change username - not possible. Neither in app nor on website.
- Change Emailadress - not working in app, nor mobile chrome, nor OSX chrome. But worked after second time in Mobile safari.
- Change password - worked in mobile safari.

Nothing helped me out.

Very sad! It was such a good app. I'll try to go back to V3.7.8 if I can handle this. Found a tutorial.

Sent from iPhone with Tapatalk
Dogadaner
Send a message

Post by Dogadaner
Corgi3Gal wrote:
Dogadaner wrote:Absolutely Right! And When I try to continue this Dialog I get an Uups Message and end up with the Profile screen but without First and Second Name, altough I filled them at a Dialog before. Getting back brings again the "Update your wazer". Only Way Out is to switch to a random wazer. Then I'm not logged in but have ALL favorites and settings!! Shouldn't be so I think!
It looks like you are stuck, because the Continue button doesn't do anything when clicked. However, the message is prompting you to enter a new user name. Type your new user name into the empty quote bubble above the Wazer icon, and then click the Continue button.
Sorry, this is not working! Every Username I try is not accepted, even random nonsense names. Also when I fill in again the suggested username it is not accepted. Only if I click continue twice without changing the username, I get the ups Message and end at the profile page as described before.

Dogadaner
Send a message

Post by Dogadaner
Dogadaner wrote:
usa_eq6yo75b wrote:Same here. I uninstalled & reinstalled, and I'm still stuck on "Update your Wazer".
Other things I tried:
- Change username - not possible. Neither in app nor on website.
- Change Emailadress - not working in app, nor mobile chrome, nor OSX chrome. But worked after second time in Mobile safari.
- Change password - worked in mobile safari.

Nothing helped me out.

Very sad! It was such a good app. I'll try to go back to V3.7.8 if I can handle this. Found a tutorial.
So finally I installed the old app, then changed the nickname to the username and then installed the new app again. First everything looked good, 'till I entered my phone number. From that on I had the same problem with waze not verifying my account.
So I have to use the old app and hope for an update comming soon. I really would like to add friends without Facebook!

Dogadaner
Send a message

Post by Dogadaner
Just a question: Why didn't they add Google login too, if there is already one from Facebook? Would be more convenient for many users I guess. I thought that would happen after the takeover by google.

Dogadaner
Send a message