If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Bicycles

Post by talkymeat
Hi all, just downloaded Waze to my iPhone, and am thoroughly impressed by this really really neat idea, and I look forward to contributing to the maps. There's just one thing though - I don't have a car or a driving license! I do, however, have a bicycle, which I ride a great deal. This is of course fine, as long as I stick to riding on the roads; if I go onto cycle paths, on the other hand, that's likely to be a problem, isn't it? I don't want to be laying down road on the map that is unusable to my internal combustion-powered fellow Wazers! Is there any possibility of having a control I could toggle in the client to indicate "bike" or "car", or for that matter "pedestrian"?

Happy wazing!
Dave
talkymeat

POSTER_ID:74490

Send a message

Post by enormekever
talkymeat wrote:Is there any possibility of having a control I could toggle in the client to indicate "bike" or "car", or for that matter "pedestrian"?
That option isn't available in the client, but as sketch mentioned, the roads can be changed to Walking Trails afterward with CarTouche.
Sidewalk wrote:What do you do if you can't edit the roads? All I have is a cheap netbook for school and for whatever reason I can't load the maps to edit them. Or, if I can, it takes a very long time (insanely long).
You should switch your browser from Internet Explorer to Firefox or Chrome.
enormekever
Send a message
Regio Manager Noord-Brabant
https://img844.imageshack.us/img844/9051/1hb2.png
Setup: HTC One • Android 4.4.3 • Waze 3.8.1.0 • Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands

Post by Sidewalk
What do you do if you can't edit the roads? All I have is a cheap netbook for school and for whatever reason I can't load the maps to edit them. Or, if I can, it takes a very long time (insanely long).
Sidewalk
Send a message
DroidX

Post by sketch
Yep!
screen-capture.png
(76.67 KiB) Downloaded 865 times
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!