Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Need help confirming/disproving a bug

Post by Jay91150
Hi folks,
Look at this area: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 33&env=usa

I don't think it's the area that's causing the problem, I think there's a bug in either WME itself or one of the plugins I'm using.

I have cleaned up the roads SW of Highway 1 several times this morning. I set them two-way instead of "unknown", and used the 'qw' key combination at each node in order to fix the unknown turns. Made it all look nice.

Once I save it, if I reload the page or otherwise cause it to reload those roads (i.e. by panning the map away and then back to this location again), the roads are back to unknown direction, the soft turns are all back, etc. And the roads are stating that they were last edited "January 25, 2010 by admin(staff)" (which I believe is the date and entity responsible for loading a basemap).

I am running WME Toolbox 1.4.3.6, URO+ 3.10, and Validator 1.0.0. I don't know if any of those would cause problems, but I'm stumped, because changes in Alberta and Halifax are taking hold just fine.
Jay91150

POSTER_ID:16872708

Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I'm seeing it too in this area.

I'll escalate.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
As of 07:17 this morning, Waze staff is investigating.

I'll let you know if I hear anything back.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I'm seeing this in other parts of Newfoundland too, but not consistently.

I was able to clean up Rocky Harbour (yet to add the name) just fine, but everything I touch in Corner Brook reverts as soon as I reload the page. (To confuse things even further, if I edit in this particular area, which is where I initially started working on Corner Brook, I'm told during saving that "while I was editing things have been changed" - in particular the highlighted (unneeded) node, which was one of the first things I removed.

I worked on Rocky Harbour after failing to make Corner Brook work, FWIW.

I also tried disabling Toolbox to see if it was causing grief, and things behaved the same way.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Yes, I've done it on several computers, admittedly all running the same Chrome version and profile (sync'd together).

Trying to edit this segment https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 34&env=usa

When I clean up the unconfirmed turn on node A, and save, it appears to clean up and save. But then if I immediately close my browser and open it again and browse back to the WME, that segment is again highlighted as having an unconfirmed turn on A.

I can try on Internet Explorer 10 on my work computer, which has never been to the Waze site before and not loaded WME. I know IE isn't necessarily supported but just to ensure it has no extensions, nothing in the cache, etc. Stand by.

I tried another nearby segment under IE 10. This segment also has an unconfirmed turn on A. I corrected that manually (remember, no extensions or scripts), saved, and then closed IE and reopened it, reloading WME, and the unconfirmed turn appeared again.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Sorry, I completely forgot about timing the saves in my last post. I'll do that now.

Editing the same segment as the first example in the post above, making a single change to that unconfirmed turn on node A (doing a 'qw' with Junction Node Fixer enabled, resulting in a red and white '3' on the save icon). Save took ~2.5 seconds.

Also, I just worked this area in the same province, a few hundred km away, and it saved fine (and persisted after a reload). The save took ~26 seconds, but I had made over 300 changes in one session (I know, I should do less at once).

St Anthony, NL
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Same problems in these areas:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 25&env=usa - 41 saves took <2.5 sec.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... 25&env=usa - 55 saves took 2.5 sec.

Reloading the editor web page is resulting in the changes vanishing and the last edit date reverting to what it was before I made today's edits.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I noticed late this afternoon that my points increased by nearly 10,000 suddenly, so I presumed they had the NA dashboard updating again. Just out of curiosity I went to Corner Brook (my second post in this thread) and checked to see if editing there would work today. Interestingly enough, the edits I made, or tried to make, multiple times during this thread, appear to have taken effect. But I tried to edit another area of the town, and same problem - once I reload the page, the saved edits vanish and it reverts to what it was before I made my edits.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Not to nag, but it is still occurring.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
I just did some investigating myself, after my post above and before (during) your post..

Edits north of this latitude are sticking but edits south of here are not persisting, throughout the province of Newfoundland. Other towns that I mentioned previously across the island as having this problem fall south of this line.

This area appears to be the eastern boundary; I successfully edited the interchange at Hwy 1 x Rte 350, but elements in the town of Bishop's Falls to the west keep coming back unedited. South to north, I've been able to successfully edit up to this point along Hwy 1. So it appears to be roughly N48.45 to N49.05 and from W55.45 west to the island's coast (no further than W59.45) that is having the trouble.
Jay91150
Send a message