These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by milkyway35
Johndoe, the app is the client. The client communicate with a server.

The routing, is not on client side. You can release as much version of the app, it wont affect the server.

The problems you mention, are on server-side. Client dev are not the same dev than backend dev.

It's like asking to improve the browser because the web server have problem.
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

Waze Community Communications Guidelines
As ChiefWazer said :

Code: Select all

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"

Post by milkyway35
Improvements on server-side is not that visible because it is backend. There are some projects on the run to improve. But there is no announcement because it is backend.
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

As ChiefWazer said :

"We all work together for a common goal here, we all want Waze to succeed in helping peoples everyday life"

Post by milkyway35
NorfolkMustard wrote:
sketch wrote:Waze has always been social. People have been requesting a non-Facebook, Waze-native way to add friends for years. Now you have one.

You can "skip that step" if you don't want to enter your phone number.
No. On iPhone at least, you can't share your location by email unless you first enter your own mobile number AND give waze access to your entire contacts list. no skipping allowed, and it checks it still has access to your contacts every time you want to share location by any method.
You give waze access to your agenda. That dont mean waze grab your agenda and make a copy on the cloud to own your privacy

You give waze access to your contact book. That dont mean waze grab your contacts and make a copy on the cloud to own your privacy.

The App (on your phone) have access to your data (localy), these datas keep on your phone.
milkyway35
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ

As ChiefWazer said :

Post by ninja98r
Can anyone confirm if Appradio scrolling issues have been resolved with 3.8.0? Or any other comparability issues for the Pioneer Appradio 3.
ninja98r
Send a message

Post by ninja98r
MegaRipZ wrote:
ninja98r wrote:Can anyone confirm if Appradio scrolling issues have been resolved with 3.8.0? Or any other comparability issues for the Pioneer Appradio 3.
No, last build of Waze App not resolved scroll issues :( I use Pioneer Appradio2 (SPH-DA100) with iPod Touch 4G. Scroll not working at some menus and on-screen key with number of friends also not press on the map screen of app. When developers resolve these issues?

That's very unfortunate news MegaRipZ!

I was right following the last update - Appradio users seem to be out of luck with this App.
I'll inquire again on this forum following the next update. From some of the comments on here I'm sticking with 3.7.8 for now. WISH I HAD STUCK WITH 3.7.6!
ninja98r
Send a message

Post by NorfolkMustard
This is a bit pants, lads. Send Location and Share Drive now require a mobile number, even if you may never want to use that method but want to use the email method instead. Probably wise to ask that question (would Sir like email, or sms?) first, perchance?

Coupled with the fact the text verification process seems to be borked right now so can't verify for a service I'll never use - just to get past it so I can choose email again?

tsk
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
Local Champ: United Kingdom wiki
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
NorfolkMustard wrote:This is a bit pants, lads. Send Location and Share Drive now require a mobile number
I don't have my number entered in the app and can send:

1. Navigate
2. Tap Go
3. Main menu->Share Drive
4. Tap "More sending options" link
5. Tap Text, Email, Copy link ; whichever you want.

Does Waze not show that for you too?
Unfortunately not, no. Every route to share location for me takes me to the "enter a number" screen with no way out apart from X or Next (disabled until you enter a number)
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
sketch wrote:Waze has always been social. People have been requesting a non-Facebook, Waze-native way to add friends for years. Now you have one.

You can "skip that step" if you don't want to enter your phone number.
No. On iPhone at least, you can't share your location by email unless you first enter your own mobile number AND give waze access to your entire contacts list. no skipping allowed, and it checks it still has access to your contacts every time you want to share location by any method.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS

Post by NorfolkMustard
milkyway35 wrote: The App (on your phone) have access to your data (localy), these datas keep on your phone.
I don't think that's the case. Here's the help note about the new find friends feature. https://www.waze.com/support/answer?q=35176438

Unless my phone is going to compare potentially millions of other waze users' phone numbers to my address book locally, and it's doing that comparison every time you share location not just once, then I suspect that is done on the server, otherwise people on fixed data plans are in for a shock

there also doesn't seem to be a way to remove your mobile number once given, except if you change it for a false one but since that false one won't get verified does that mean my number waze is comparing to all your contacts lists is still the verified one?

and no way to ask for your contacts list to be expunged from waze once it's supplied.
NorfolkMustard
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Stu
iOS