These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

duplicate contacts

Post by bbbobbbo
Hello,

My phone is galaxy note 2 on android 4.1.2.

I've been using waze for 1 year now but one issue I have had in the last couple of months is duplicate contacts. I mean, for some contacts in my phone address there are like 5 duplicates !!

I installed and reinstalled the app, but the duplicates regenerate.

I then removed the waze account (not the app) from settings> accounts and voila, all the waze dupes in the contacts are gone. But is this the normal way? Will the app be functioning normally without the waze account? Please help?
bbbobbbo

POSTER_ID:16953577

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Easier way is to simply remove Waze from your account lineup.

https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6261746?hl=en

Yes, it is a bug but I am on at least seventh Android device using Waze and have never come across this issue.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by bdunn0
oz-edri wrote:
jfowler10 wrote:I had the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4. I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Waze -> turn off Sync Contacts. I then went to contacts and deleted all the duplicates. It's pretty quick if you go to the bottom left menu button and tap Delete, then tap each copy. Took maybe 5 minutes. This way you don't have to delete your account.
You don't need to delete them manually one by one.
After deleting waze account from the accounts in the device settings (settings --> accounts --> Waze --> options --> Remove account) and re-syncing Google contacts everything is back to normal and the duplicates disappear.
This was the best solution for me. It worked very well. Thanks very much for the information
bdunn0
Send a message

Post by BenStern46
I had a problem with something duplicating contacts but couldn't identify the source. I bought the app "Smart merge" which did a good job of cleaning things up, without identifying or solving the cause.
BenStern46
Send a message

Post by bicyclefreeroads
I have the same issue with the duplicating of contacts, and many have been blended together.
I have spent too much time repairing my contact list.
If something is not fixed very soon, I will be un-installing the app and notify everyone I have ever told about the app.
I have enjoyed the app, even though I have never been able to beep anyone. The app has probably saved me from getting a ticket, and for sure saved me many hours of drive time.
MY CONTACTS ARE FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN ALL OF THAT.

Wake doesn't make it easy to contact them, I don't believe they really care about their users.
bicyclefreeroads
Send a message

Post by brsmith2002
Please, I hope there is a solution for this. I can not believe that this hasn't been addresses or fixed - Blows my mine! This App is not new... And this is a known problem for years. This is an UNACCEPTABLE problem. . It is CRAZY all the duplication AND DELETIONS OF CONTACT INFO. WHAT IS THE EASY FIX??
brsmith2002
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Waze staff does not reliably monitor these forums. You'll need to go through the support page to deal with waze support: https://support.google.com/waze
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
It may be difficult to get personal attention from actual waze staff. There is a large user base and a small staff. I'm not sure if you can start a dialog with this submission https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6276841
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Just out of curiosity, did the submission trigger a response email with a ticket number?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by chuckh1958
Interesting. Shortly after installing CM11 I noticed I had lots of duplicate contacts, sometimes 4 or 5 per person, but only when I was doing a contact search. If I simply scrolled through my list of contacts I saw no duplicates. They were all empty too except for one which contained all of the contact details. I thought it might be a bug in CM11 but apparently not.

I just followed the suggestion here and deleted my Waze account from settings/accounts and the duplicates no longer appear!

Oddly, when I open Waze (which is still my favorite GPS app) my login information is still there and I still see my points. I would have thought that after deleting my account it would have prompted me to log in again but it did not.

For the record my device is a Droid RAZR HD
chuckh1958
Send a message