Improve Wiki Searches - List what you could not find

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Improve Wiki Searches - List what you could not find

Postby orbitc » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:19 am

kentsmith9 wrote:I do know about that thread, but I have not tracked all the latest changes. If someone get to it before me, I would not be offended. :mrgreen:

Same here :)

I'll see if I can get more details.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:55 am

kentsmith9 wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:Should this be removed from the Wiki? Latest Beta Releases.

I was trying to search for client downloads using key word "download" to search for previous version of the client when I came across that.

That entire page is nearly 2 years old. If you are only commenting on the beta section and every one agrees, we can cut it.
Yes, I'm commenting on the beta section.

In the meantime can we have a section where we can download the previous version of the client? I'm reading from the official feedback threads that there are some specific users having problems with the latest client version. Maybe it could be due to the mobile brand & model compatibility issue.

If there is a place for them to download the previous version that will be great. Otherwise they will still google it and download from somewhere.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:48 am

I believe iOS can only download the latest version, but maybe there is a place to get old releases I don't know about. For android I have no idea, so I am not the right guy, but I'm sure someone else is.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby paulkok_my » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:23 am

kentsmith9 wrote:I believe iOS can only download the latest version, but maybe there is a place to get old releases I don't know about. For android I have no idea, so I am not the right guy, but I'm sure someone else is.
I've googled and searched for Android version of the clients and compile it here for my own reference. However I have not downloaded and test whether it has any problems. As for IOS, I also can't seem to find it, yet.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:05 am

paulkok_my wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:I believe iOS can only download the latest version, but maybe there is a place to get old releases I don't know about. For android I have no idea, so I am not the right guy, but I'm sure someone else is.
I've googled and searched for Android version of the clients and compile it here for my own reference. However I have not downloaded and test whether it has any problems. As for IOS, I also can't seem to find it, yet.

someone posted a step-by-step guide on the feedback thread for 3.8. For android to roll back to 3.7.8 you can look for details there

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
ImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:38 pm

PesachZ wrote:A page defining (with objectives, and goals to achieve) community roles I.e. local champ, global champ, country manager, regional coordinator. There is an area manager page already which I did find. Perhaps this doesn't yet exist, if so maybe it should.

The US forum has some of this defined, but as noted in the thread, not all is defined yet. Since this can differ (slightly?) by country, there may need to be country-specific subpages.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.2.1 | Waze v4.2b
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Fredo-p » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:44 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The US forum has some of this defined, but as noted in the thread, not all is defined yet. Since this can differ (slightly?) by country, there may need to be country-specific subpages.

So, would a starting layout be something where each roll is listed and a brief/general description of mentioned roll?

Then, have a small line of text stating how these rolls may differ by country and establish a list of these countries. Or just refer to each countries forum thread that explains this.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
State Manager
State Manager

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:02 am

I would recommend a base page with the titles of the roles and then an index to subpages for each country to link to their specific guidelines.

Countries are welcome to say they follow the guidelines of other countries and link to them with a note on those pages saying it also covers them.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PesachZ » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:43 pm

I couldn't find any information on how to properly split a road (while maintaining segment data and house numbers, checking for RevCons etc.). I would expect to find it in the best practices right next to how to unsplit a road.

If it doesn't exist in the wiki, it should be put there, because it would hopefully prevent novice editors from making improper splits. It should also emphasize to never split a road without experienced (AM+) help/advice
ImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:12 pm

PesachZ wrote:I couldn't find any information on how to properly split a road (while maintaining segment data and house numbers, checking for RevCons etc.). I would expect to find it in the best practices right next to how to unsplit a road.

If it doesn't exist in the wiki, it should be put there, because it would hopefully prevent novice editors from making improper splits. It should also emphasize to never split a road without experienced (AM+) help/advice

I don't believe anyone has created that content. And yes that would be a great place to put it. Did you want to give it a shot?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion