These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by papok
omba_de wrote:That's your opinion. I kinda like the new styles ;)
Sure it is... but I found it not clear, especially because waze is giving me instructions to keep left when entering a tunnel (wich is named different than de street I'm driving and has a parallel street on it's left)...

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-58.44 ... 11&env=row

... but that's another issue...

Papo.
papok
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by papok
In the previous version I could click the Google icon immediatly after starting a search (to search on google ;-) ), and now I have to wait for the default search (on Waze database) to end before being able to search with other search engine. This is very annoying.
On the other hand, the search for adresses with house number finally seems to work (at least here, Buenos Aires, Argentina). That's is (was?) the main reason I automatically switch to google when searching for an address.

Papo.
papok
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by papok
vvbarryvv wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:
vvbarryvv wrote:Having an issue with the new "Send Location" feature. It now requires me to enter my phone number and receive a "verification text" to continue to send my locations and drives to my friends. Text is not a feature of my current carrier plan - voice and data only - so i cannot receive a verification text. this is a feature i use a LOT, and now i can't....
With the Android beta you could opt to receive a voice call instead of an SMS, is this not an option?
no, but that would be a great solution and one that many other systems and apps have employed in the past.
Yes it is, I just did it that way. You put your phone number and then you have the option to try with a voice call.
papok
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by papowpow
jtbnz wrote:The change to the Share My Drive in my opinion is a massive failure. Messages, if they turn up at all, are often delayed by over half an hour and useless, my wife often receives a message that I have shared with her at the same time a message saying I am arriving in 1 minute. This is after a 45 min drive.

I like the ability to have favorites that I send to but just let me send the sms!
While it looks like they are trying to improve this functionality of sharing a drive, they only made it worst. I cannot see anything anymore. Just get worthless notices but cannot see wazer. My kids used this feature this to keep us informed, now I have no idea where they are, only know where they are going. Very frustrating.
papowpow
Send a message

Post by Pecos-Bill
Dave2084 wrote:
I-Hate-Traffic wrote:
khovis wrote: I'd also like an option to turn off which hazards I'm notified about. For instance, the car stopped on shoulder notification is just annoying.
+1!
The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.
I think I succeeded in reporting a car in the road via voice command but it's so fiddly I don't bother.
Dave2084 wrote:This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time.
If you say so. They should offer a list of all of them to turn off which ought take a couple of hours plus testing. Still, pretty minor. In fact, the Settings area really should be redone as it's not well thought out where stuff lives.
Dave2084 wrote: (I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).
So how are you turning off just that warning? I have never found such an option except to turn off all sound. I am on the warpath for any reported car on side of road that is useless (doesn't meet rules on wiki). Some people treat it like I-Spy {groan}
Pecos-Bill
Send a message

Post by Pecos-Bill
JohnDoe75 wrote: Find more friends on Waze by adding Contacts
- Send & receive friend requests and manage your friends list
Google has struck. HARD. I will not support any action that proselytizes -- which this does. That's evil. I use the send ETA function quite a bit and this version killed it.

I have to say thank you very much for the new "fun" of turning off auto update so I can prevent this version from being installed. I'm grateful I had a backup on my Mac that I could restore the old app without even restoring my phone. And when you decide to stop supporting the prior version (server reject), I'll sadly say goodbye to my favorite app.
Pecos-Bill
Send a message

Post by Pecos-Bill
NorfolkMustard wrote:That suggests they have your registered number in their contacts and waze has suggested you add them as friends as a result.
And there's the problem I have with it. They do not need my number even though they already have it (there was a time when I was uploading contacts but I stopped; they still have the data).
Pecos-Bill
Send a message

Post by Pecos-Bill
splash883 wrote:
sketch wrote: The timing of the second and final prompts is poor, especially at high speeds. Both come too late, especially the final prompt.
I am having the same problem. It tells me to "turn right in 375 feet" as I'm making the right turn.
Please fix this! Not very helpful when I'm not sure where I'm going!
Does your phone have clear "view" of the GPS satellites? I've seen that with Apple's old app.
Pecos-Bill
Send a message

Post by pende_tim
Big mistake "updating" Waze to 3.8
Update has lost street names verbalization during navigation, now asking for my phone number ( WHY???? ). I stopped using this on a drive yesterday due to these issues so there may be more things that I consider broken that I have not discovered yet.

Only reason for phone number that I can think of is so Google gets one more piece on data on me and where I go to better target advertisements.

When it was announced that Google purchased Waze a while back, I was concerned they would loose sight of the fact this was a first and foremost Navigation Application. Now it looks like they are trying to turn it into a social media application.

Fortunately I have the old version on iTunes and will be "down-dating" back to what I had Thursday night. If anyone needs instructions here is a how to: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/07/reve ... tunes.html
pende_tim
Send a message

Post by pjlasl
Tts no worky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pjlasl
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
[img]https:///EcBKq[/img] [img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///pIzEJ8[/img]
AM: Texas
CM: USA