iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.0 Feedback Thread

Postby AWD_Stig » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:43 pm

I'm here to report on loss of TTS on iP5 with latest Apple firmware.

Also experiencing some crashes on startup, as well as general instability / inconsistency with Friends showing up on the main list.

P.S. I sign the petition to undo the phone-number registration for Waze. I assume this was a move dictated by Google to collect user information, but if it can be reversed, do so.

P.P.S. As this is my first time posting, I would like to say that I am glad that Waze has such a dedicated userbase to guide the decisions made by the development team. :mrgreen:
AWD_Stig

Postby brewbyte » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:54 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
brewbyte wrote:I can't get past this point as Waze is not showing up in Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Can't figure out what's going on.

Sounds like Waze has not requested to access your contacts yet. What happens when you tap the Friends icon on the main screen, then tap the Add Friends icon at the top right?

Thanks for the response. When I click My Waze ==> My Friends then click the Add Friends icons at the top right I get the option of My Contacts or Facebook Friends. Tapping My Contacts results in the 'Hold Up...' screen where it directs me to Settings ==> Privacy ==> Contacts. Waze isn't showing up there.
brewbyte

Postby Saudujas » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:16 pm

I am encountering problems with the volume of the audio of the application, after the upgrade to version 3.8.0! The volume is too lower even the volume bar, in the application, being on maximum. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saudujas

Postby bz2012 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Saudujas wrote:I am encountering problems with the volume of the audio of the application, after the upgrade to version 3.8.0! The volume is too lower even the volume bar, in the application, being on maximum. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

try going to the 'voice memo' app and set the volume to max with the buttons.
Close voice memo and try WAZE.
That 'fixed' the volume for me.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby vituja » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:21 am

It seems that the TTS has been fixed, but the app was not updated. Guess the fix was on the server. That's excellent news. Now I get the street names rather than just "TURN LEFT"

However, since 3.8.0 was released, I still notice an issue with not given the turn notice until you are right on top of the turn off. Sometimes I get the audio notice after I make the turn.

The previous version was fine, given ample warning before the turn. Not I get the notice only a few feet away from the turn.

Please fix
vituja

Postby jasonh300 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:23 am

I'm noticing a weird truncation of some words in TTS. Such as "Turn lefat xxx St." The first time I heard this, I thought it has said turn right but had the left arrow on the display. So I turned off the radio and AC and listened closely for the second TTS command and I heard "lefat" clearly.
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
South-Central Regional Coordinator
(LA/MS/AR...contact karlcr9911 for TX/OK related issues)
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby brewbyte » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:48 am

NorfolkMustard wrote:You only get the "Hold up" screen if you've already disallowed waze access to your contacts, or you perhaps have a Settings > General > Restrictions > Privacy in place to disallow changes to your contact sharing.

That was it, thanks!
brewbyte

Postby DeltaNu1142 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Saudujas wrote:I am encountering problems with the volume of the audio of the application, after the upgrade to version 3.8.0! The volume is too lower even the volume bar, in the application, being on maximum. Thanks.

I found this as well. I don't think that changing the "Voice Memo" app volume helped, as indicated above.
Keep right.
DeltaNu1142

Postby bz2012 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:47 pm

DeltaNu1142 wrote:

I found this as well. I don't think that changing the "Voice Memo" app volume helped, as indicated above.

The volume bar IN the WAZE app does not seem to effect the speaker volume.
It was ONLY by using the buttons on the side of my iphone to increase the volume that I got sound from my speaker.
In WAZE, those buttons only effect the 'ringer volume' for some strange reason. (someone reported that DURING a WAZE voice announcement, the buttons would work, but how do you time things right to hit those buttons during the announcement?)
I switched to voice memo and turned up the volume using the buttons and that FIXED the speaker volume in WAZE.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 pm

bz2012 wrote:In WAZE, those buttons only effect the 'ringer volume' for some strange reason. (someone reported that DURING a WAZE voice announcement, the buttons would work, but how do you time things right to hit those buttons during the announcement?)

No need to time it. I've written this I think 20 times in various threads: You can also adjust the device volume when you activate voice command. (Previously in this thread: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... el#p816615)
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 10.1.1 | Waze v4.14
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App