Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Fish1552
If you go to the Greasyfork page, it shows it was updated 3 days ago to v1.1.21. Extension version shows 1.1.20. Script version shows 1.1.21.
The pop-up message still remains however.
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Fish1552
subs5 wrote:
Fish1552 wrote:If you go to the Greasyfork page, it shows it was updated 3 days ago to v1.1.21. Extension version shows 1.1.20. Script version shows 1.1.21.
The pop-up message still remains however.

Since author is not keeping the script up to date take a look at the Magic script thread.
I already have it installed but was just looking at the available versions of the script and extension. For the date to change, SOMEONE had to have make a change of some sort and upload or at the very least make a change locally which synced with that acct. As Justin said, not an official fork, but..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Fish1552
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by fishmech
Is it possible to have a check added to the main script for one-way roads that have either no way to get in to them, or no way to get out? While going over many areas, there's a lot of people who seem to have left newly created roads as one way only, and it always ends up causing routing problems.

For example, a one way a to b road where the A connects to the larger street network and the B is an endpoint of the road, or connects into a set of other roads with no other outlet.
fishmech
Send a message

Post by FlySR
is anyone having trouble with the WME Validator? sometimes it doesnt appear in chrom? After i log out - and back in it appears, and when i create a permalink for example, it disappears from the tools sidebar on the left?
FlySR
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by fmondini
Please turn ON the soft turn check for Italy, too.

And pleas note that here in Italy for city duplicates we use the "SmallCity, BigCity" syntax. With a comma as a separator.
fmondini
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by fmondini
berestovskyy, could you please enable this checks for the IT country?
  • BETA: Lowercase street name
  • BETA: Two-way Freeway segment
  • City name on named Ramp
  • City name on Freeway
  • Incorrect Freeway lock level
    Must be at least 5
  • Incorrect Major Highway lock level
    Must be at least 5
  • Incorrect Minor Highway lock level
    Must be at least 4
...and maybe add a new alert for "Street name contains a dot"?
fmondini
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by fmondini
berestovskyy wrote:I'd really appreciate wiki/forum references for the following checks:
fmondini wrote:
Official guidelines and/or wiki on the lock level are not ready (yet). If you absolutely need a link to a reference please temporarily use http://docs.wme-tools.com/ for all, at least until the rewrite of the documentation will be done by our local champs.
berestovskyy wrote:EDIT: please note you have lots of roads with "dir.", so I mark 'Street name with a dot' as a beta check. Please let me know if I shall add "dir." as an exception.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that the only road type that can have dots in the name is "Ramp" (because we use TTS abbreviations) and it must be one-way. All other road types must be checked.

If you want you can add a more strict check on the abbreviation, but it's not a small list (see here).
But I do not know if it's worth it.
fmondini
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by fmondini
berestovskyy wrote:Validator localize links, problems and how-tos. For instance, hover you mouse over the "New road" note in France (permalink) and in Slovakia (permalink). In France you get localized description and link:
"Création de segment incomplète ville et nom de rue non renseigné wiki"
In Slovakia you get the default:
"Each segment must minimally have the Country and State information wiki"

While it's OK to have the default message for "New roads", IMO some checks (like abbreviations and locks) always must provide local information, so editors know what should be locked and how to abbreviate streets.
Ok, if I understand correctly what you need is an italian translation of the brief message for the hover text AND a link to the wiki.

If this is the case, here is the translation:
    Autostrada: Livello di blocco insufficiente, deve essere almeno 5
    Superstrada: Livello di blocco insufficiente, deve essere almeno 5
    SS/SR: Livello di blocco insufficiente, deve essere almeno 4
  • Street name contains a dot
    Il nome della strada non può contenere un punto
For the wiki link use http://docs.wme-tools.com/ for all.
berestovskyy wrote:
fmondini wrote:If you want you can add a more strict check on the abbreviation, but it's not a small list (see here).
Apparently you have lots of abbreviations with dots, so I'm not sure if you need this 'Street name with a dot' check at all :lol:
No, sorry, my fault, the list I linked contain the TTS abbreviations; forget it, it's deprecated.
Generally, the rule is: street names (all types except Ramps) cannot contain a dot.
Ramps can have it, but only if the word is: "Dir.", "dir.", "Var." and "var."

Thank you for your patience and forgive me for the confusion, can happen when things are done in a hurry.

"There's never time to do it right, but there's always time to do it over." :-D
fmondini
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by fmondini
In some cases, when a segment need to be locked to a specified level (like this one, in Italy freeways must be locked at level 5) the script correctly highlight the street if it's locked at level 4 or less. But if the segment is force-locked at 5 by the Road Rank it's impossible (except for level 6 editors) to change the lock level, because in the combo box there is only a single choice, and WME do not save back the property if it is unchanged.

I think there are two solutions: (1) don't highlight the segment if the RR is high enough or (2) force in some ways the update of the lock level of the segment, maybe moving it back to level 1 and then to level 5 (or every other "creative" ways you could find) :-)

Obviously not only for freeways, but for all the street types that need a specific lock. ;)
fmondini
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by FokusPokus
Hi, first I'd like to say thank you for this extremely useful tool. There is one tiny thing I personally don't really like.
I don't know how many fans are there for the current tool layout and appearence, but I would like to see it in a TAB like many other useful scripts. If we have two camps of fans, would it be possible to make that a configurable setting ?
Thanks!
FokusPokus
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Country Coordinator: Lithuania
Country Manager: Lithuania, Poland