Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by redvers76
Dave2084 wrote:
The problem is that by default iPhone users (unlike Android) have no option to report a car stopped on road so have to resort to this.

This is one of those stupid bugs that Waze seem unwilling to fix yet would involve about 1 minute of a programmers time. (I know this because with every new release I have to fix it myself and it takes me less than a minute).
Is this something anyone can do? If so, how? :)
redvers76
Send a message

Post by relayer35
Also getting no TTS. Tried deleting and re-installing, it didn't help. Also tried switching from Samantha to Tom and had no voice at all. Occasionally, it will say a street name here and there, but that's it. Hope it gets fixed soon.
relayer35
Send a message

Post by roadhowser
Issues:
1) Old 'recent drives' have disappeared
2) New 'recent drives' do not persist
3) Mandatory phone # verification is bogus -- unnecessary and a privacy nightmare
4) I previously had two favorites with different addresses, but the same name -- only one survived the upgrade
5) Favorites manual ordering does not persist -- i.e., after killing the waze app (swiping up from the multitask menu) then restarting, the order returns to some default, not set by me

The features bugs are annoying, but tolerable. The incremental privacy issues due to waze/google actively associating my phone number with this app are more concerning. I never expected complete anonymity from a web/gps based navigation app, but this feels like an overreach.
roadhowser
Send a message

Post by rodlatham
I wanted to reiterate what someone else has said about last minute turn notification. There is a problem where Waze will tell you to turn literally right at the street. The previous version would do a better job of preparing for the upcoming turn. Please fix. This should be a priority because it will cause people to swerve at the last minute to catch a turn. Thanks.
rodlatham
Send a message

Post by Rprei
Bring back nicknames! I don't want to use my login name for everyone to see. WTH? Now I have to change my password to something much stronger so no one can see I am on vacation or possibly out of town if they hack it

Also the send locations is more cumbersome now. I just want to text a location. Now it is an extra click or two. How do I add a friend to the box and keep it there as a frequently used contact instead of it having to search my contacts each time. Now that would be a worthwhile feature
Rprei
Send a message

Post by RTPeat
RangeRoverHSE wrote:Some of the members in our community has noticed that they lost the TTS voices in the selection using iOs. Curious if anyone who has upgraded has experienced this :?:
Yes, can confirm that after the upgrade my UK voices now do not read out street names. Initially Daniel lost TTS but Serena still could, after a reinstall they now both do not read out street names.
RTPeat
Send a message

Post by RTPeat
omba_de wrote:Fill in the following as a destination in navigation:
cc@tts
Case sensitive
I've tried that already, along with a complete re-install - TTS is still broken.
RTPeat
Send a message

Post by RTPeat
sketch wrote: Something is definitely wrong with the TTS server or the way the app connects to it. It works only occasionally; seems like it's better some times of the day and worse other times. But every time it DOES work, it saves the speech file to your cache, so if you take that road again you'll hear it again. So clearing your cache and reinstalling can actually hurt your case. And using it for a week without clearing your cache will make it at least halfway usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Yes, I've found that too. Yesterday after I did the update, the Daniel voice wasn't getting street names, but swapping to Serena got the names without a problem. After reinstalling both of them now don't get any street names.
RTPeat
Send a message

Post by Saudujas
I am encountering problems with the volume of the audio of the application, after the upgrade to version 3.8.0! The volume is too lower even the volume bar, in the application, being on maximum. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saudujas
Send a message

Post by sed0
I've noticed if I'm going through an area of poor or no signal and then return to an area with 4G or LTE signal, the app will continue to show 'Searching for network'. It's not unless I find WiFi or force-close and restart the app that the connection is re-established. It also doesn't matter if I let it search for 10 or more minutes. My phone's data connection seems ok as I can use Safari at the same time or get emails.

I'm using an iPhone 5S with iOS 7.1.2 on T-Mobile on Waze 3.8.0. It's been an issue with the iOS 8 beta 3 (though there are more instabilities there that are probably unrelated to the app itself).
sed0
Send a message