[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.22 Feb 2017

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.91 July 2014

Postby seb-d59 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:57 pm

Timbones wrote:
doctorkb wrote:As of last night, the node highlighting (of soft turns, u-turn, revconns) is no longer working.

I feared that might happen. Given that Validator shows these too (?), I'm considering dropping this feature from my script...

Hi Timbones,
I have just finished to debug this functionality of your script :),
I have tested it on the three servers (World, US & Canada only and Israel only)
And, it work on the domains:
- https:/www.waze.com/editor
- https:/www.waze.com/*/editor

I transmit you, the link of the source (v1.92) by private message, and you can publish it....
If you want...

A++!
seb-d59
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby taco909 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:47 pm

sketch wrote:Toolbox also highlights these, although who knows how long Toolbox will be around....

Please don't say that.

I held off on installing it because as a new editor, I wanted to avoid issues creating by having a tool that was too powerful.
Now, I am very happy to have it and its loss would be a major impediment to efficiency.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby sketch » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Timbones wrote:
doctorkb wrote:As of last night, the node highlighting (of soft turns, u-turn, revconns) is no longer working.

I feared that might happen. Given that Validator shows these too (?), I'm considering dropping this feature from my script...

Toolbox also highlights these, although who knows how long Toolbox will be around....

Now I can't remember which way WMECH highlighted them, because I've been using the Toolbox+Validator highlights for it, and I think I used bgodette's WMECH fork for a time before that. Validator just shows a segment highlight, so I would always use Toolbox's highlight as well – Toolbox would draw a circle around the node itself. I'm much less likely to ignore a bright purple/yellow circle around a node when editing quickly than I am to ignore a standard Validator highlight, which could be for anything – because I know the problem ahead of time and I can fix it very quickly.

But I don't even know if this is helpful because I don't remember which way WMECH does it... :oops:

edit Oh yeah, my point is, I still think it's worth having in addition to Validator if it will show them by highlighting the node, rather than by highlighting the segment. With Toolbox in serious limbo, I think this is something WMECH could do well.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:49 pm

And WMECH is more consistent with its highlighting at various zoom levels.
Validator is a great tool, but it is a bit quirky (not unlike Waze itself).
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby doctorkb » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Timbones wrote:

:(

My experience is that Validator is very "heavy" -- whereas WMECH is rather "light"... that is, it seems to take considerable processing time to load Validator each time, but not WMECH.

This is significant when you're dealing with multiple update/unlock requests, etc...
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby doctorkb » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:27 pm

As of last night, the node highlighting (of soft turns, u-turn, revconns) is no longer working.
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Timbones » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm

NEW VERSION uploaded to Chrome Web Store* and Greasy Fork (moved from UserScripts)
*Chrome will update to the newest version automatically

Just a few minor fixes:
  • Automatic Locks now shown as dotted red lines (where available)
  • Tolls are only shown as blue dashed (ignores lock status)
  • Farms areas now shown in green
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.9 Jun 2014

Postby MoraisSPbr » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Timbones wrote:NEW VERSION uploaded (...)

Only adds 1 thing: colour highlights for Places! :D
  • Places that match the City Highlight = yellow

It may be a bit buggy, so let me know if you spot any issues or if I've missed out some categories that should be green or blue.

Hi !
I noticed that when I'm using the "City Filter" (and "Inverse" option too) the "Places" with "City" of this condition at their "Address" has not highlighted... :-(
Is it already known ?

Thanks a lot... and sorry any error or my poor english... I only speak portuguese... ;-)
MoraisSPbr
Beta tester
Beta tester

Location: SP: Osasco(Quitaúna) / São Paulo (Brooklin Novo / Berrini)

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.9 Jun 2014

Postby tonestertm » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks for the clarity on the Toll information. Any likelihood to alter it a bit? Locked Tolls are difficult to see on MH segments above a certain zoom. And I wouldn't think the fading/opacity option would be a necessity, but if at least all Tolls at or below a given editor's Rank were one color and above (or out of area) another, a la the Editor lock, it might be helpful, since one supersedes the other. Maybe I'm just weird.

I feel like I should just Thank you every single time I post here, for the incredible value of this tool. THANKS AGAIN! :)

I wonder if anyone else would have an interest in the possibility of having sort of a sub-head section under Streets, whereby either All Streets (as it currently provides, by selecting "Streets") or just one type (or possibly even a selection of types) of Street could be selected. It would make the list ugly, though, and I'm not dying for this option, but sort of wished for it today.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts