Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by foxitrot
I'd suggest just correcting the Wiki into:
wiki wrote:Roundabouts have few principles:
The first one, each node on the roundabout can only be connected to no more than one outgoing segment.
Off course, if I am right. Just thinking of. Because I can only image any ambiguity, if two outgoing paths were possible from a roundabout's junction node.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
There is a roundabout in Bratislava, SK, which has just one connecting road (it is actually a dead-end or cul-de-sac road, but never mind for now) and one more junction at its opposite side (possibly created using JNF, or manually... who knows, it is nearly two years old).

Validator reports "Inconsistent roundabout direction - #49 The adjacent roundabout segments have different directions." This is actually a false positive - both segments of the roundabout have a correct direction (anticlockwise, consistent with driving on the right-hand side). It was possibly triggered by the detail, that both segments go from node B to node A, but in such case the reported problem should be rather something like "The roundabout segments' direction is B->A, which might be believed to possibly cause harm to the instructions"?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by kentsmith9 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed typo for improved readability
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
berestovskyy wrote:
foxitrot wrote:It was possibly triggered by the detail, that both segments go from node B to node A
Right, for the left-hand traffic, direction could be either A-B or B-A, but for right-hand traffic it's always A-B. So Validator takes this shortcut and does not compare adjacent roundabout segments for right-hand traffic.
OK, than again, the wording "Inconsistent roundabout direction - #49 The adjacent roundabout segments have different directions." does not say so. In my reported case, the segments do have equal directions. And the roundabout does navigate correctly. So, as an editor, I'd either not have the slightest idea, what is actually wrong, or I'd not bother thinking or testing at all and would just discard and redraw the circle.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by freade
I got the same elevation bug.

Another thing that is happening is the highlights keep showing after saving/fixing. It would go away if I just click the false highlighted seg.

Thanks
freade
Send a message

Post by freade
User BellHouse found the source of the problem related to Elevation Being Set to Null, it is caused by JNF (Junction Node Fixer). Just disable it and the problem is gone.
freade
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
I don't know if this was already mentioned, but the latest version is reporting lowercase issues with on/off ramps using "to" for navigation. Is this something that can be programmed to be ignored?
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
Okay. I know I reported this issue yesterday that the "to" for on ramps was being flagged. Now it seems that it's spread to other name issues. Now it's streets that start with numbers and single letters that are capital.

Here is a screenshot for ref.
Fredo-p
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Fredo-p
0.9.7 beta is now working fine for me. The lower case issues have disappeared.
For Chrome users, please:
  1. remove WME Validator
  2. Go to the main post and click on the install from chrome store
  3. After it's installed, close and restart Chrome
  4. Log in to the WME and you should get the WME Validator update pop-up.
Now the lowercase issue should be gone.

[Update]
Yeah...it's my 100th post!!! :D
Fredo-p
Send a message
Last edited by Fredo-p on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Fredo-p
SuperDave1426 wrote:Fredo-p: Actually, all that did was just cause you to load the newer version, which he seems to have just put out. :-) You can achieve the same effect by going to the extensions settings within Chrome and clicking on the "Update extensions now" button. :D

berestovskyy, thanks for the fast fix!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I tried doing that but nothing happened........Well at least I made my 100th post. Now 101. lol
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
j4m35ch3w wrote:Hi berestovskyy,

Thanks for the fast fix!

On a side note, is there any chance you can allow street names (in the US) that start with "de", "de la", "del", "el" and "la" to not trigger the #170 rule? There are a number of streets in San Diego that start with those and they are 'correct'.
San Diego has them in lowercase? I've seen some roads here in Phoenix that had sings with the del and la as Del and La....hmm. Need to double check some of the other #107 issues just to be safe.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Fredo-p
Send a message