[Script] UROverview Plus v3.41 (20150320)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.31 (20141103)

Postby PesachZ » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:29 am

FYI I think the limit set for displayed URs by WME is 500, (before URO+ filters obviously)

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
ImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.32 (20141217)

Postby PesachZ » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:47 am

Thank you, that was fast

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.32 (20141217)

Postby PesachZ » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:I don't know if this URO did this, but, with the recent update, WME is now a lot lighter than before. Personally, I preferred the darker color of the editor.

Yes, that's an undocumented fix in URO - when you deselect the white background option it sets the colour back to the default WME colour, but until this release it was using the darker grey that WME originally used when the grey background was first introduced. It now uses the lighter grey to match the present WME colour scheme...

It'd be trivial to include an option to use the darker grey as well, or even to make the background colour user definable - I'll add it to the to do list for the next release.

I love the user controlled option, but even the dark grey would be nice, thanks

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.33 (20141228)

Postby PesachZ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:51 pm

You guys should look into [url=j.mp/UrComments]UrComments script[/url] which has presets and works with URO+ to hide certain URs, (once they are both repaired from the latest wme release)

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.34 (20141231)

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:03 pm

bz2012 wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:
bz2012 wrote:The 'landmark' popup overlays the marker for a point place so closely that I am having difficulty selecting the place to move it.

Can the popups be offset far enough away so that they don't overlay the object triggering the popup?

Also, the popup giving information about restricted segments, showing on mouse-over, was very useful. That feature seems to have disappeared, recently.

Can you post a screengrab to show the point place overlay problem, as on my system the overlay is always offset sufficiently to allow the point to be easily selected for moving.

Not sure the image would help. The box covers over half of the URO or MR or place point marker.

99% of the time, when I manage to select and try to move, the whole screen scrolls.

I have a suggestion for the popup text boxes: it seems like it might be easy to calculate and to do:

Offset the box IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN by the size of the box plus a percentage large enough to make sure the box clears the device. If the device is in the exact center, you can offset to the lower right as currently done, but with more clearance.
To enable moving the mouse to the box (to select and copy text from it or to select options in the box) put a 1/2 second delay before the box closes when the mouse leaves the object.

This would remove the need to check for the text box running off the edge of the screen and offsetting back onto the screen, as I believe you currently need to do.

The restricted segment popup functionality is still working for me on the world server - have you accidentally disabled segment popups in the Misc tab?

[url]https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-117.60965&lat=33.94674&layers=4004&zoom=4
[/url]
On the segment south of Chandler St things work properly.
On the candystriped segments north of Chandler St, nothing happens when I mouse-over.
I must admit that clicking on those segments also fails to show any restrictions on them, so this may be a 'new feature' in the database that is not currently recognized by URO plus.

The candy stripe you see on these segments is a Waze Temporary closure, it is not a restriction, and therefore there is no pop-up.
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.35 (20150104)

Postby PesachZ » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:06 pm

bz2012 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:The candy stripe you see on these segments is a Waze Temporary closure, it is not a restriction, and therefore there is no pop-up.

Thanks for the info. I have even submitted some of those myself.

I have been running across such closures that have expired. I thought, at first, that they would 'automatically' be removed.

I posted follow up queries on the UR. No response.
I PM'd the submitter and was advised that there was no automatic closure, I should go ahead and close them. So I added the note 'closing expired closure flag' and marked them solved, but that does not effect the candystripe road segments. I thought it was a restriction that wasn't showing and blaimed URO+ but see I was wrong.

How should these candy stripes be removed?

This is not a URO+ isuue and I don't want to hijack the thread. In short these closures are entered through Waze staff usually, via a sheet that SMs and champs have access to. The UR is purely for information purposes to other editors. The UR is usually placed by the champ/SM who uploaded the closure, whether they monitor the responses depends on them (I do). Closing the UR has NO effect on the actual closure. Any champ/SM should have access to modify or remove these closure if they need to be canceled early. They automatically disappear from the map after they expire. If you have any further questions please send a PM or move the discussion to an appropriate thread.

Hope that explains it better.

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.40 (20150217)

Postby PesachZ » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Twister-UK wrote:
james890526 wrote:Currently using URO+ v3.40, but I can't seem to get the "Undo last hide" & "Undo all hide" button working. Is it disabled by default (not available yet) :?: :?:

Those two buttons are only enabled when you've hidden a UR or MP marker by clicking on the "Hide for this session" link in the UR/MP popup.

Perhaps the text could be changed, or a title text/tool tip put above those two buttons to better explain their purpose? Something along the lines of "undo hidden URs for this session"

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.41 (20150320)

Postby PesachZ » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Timbones wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:How? With no scripts running, nothing appears in the native UI and Ctrl+A doesn't do anything when a roundabout segment is selected.

I was just quoting the release notes. Maybe it's only named roundabouts that can be selected, but this can be done in production anyway.

I'll post a suggestion to allow unnamed roundabouts to be selected too.

Ctrl-A doesn't work on any unnamed segments in native WME.

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.41 (20150320)

Postby PesachZ » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Olestas wrote:Do we now name roundabouts?

Not unless they have house numbers attached to them and its necessary for address search results. In most cases we use a round place area with the junction category to provide the name.

Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
PesachZ
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.11.1 (20140701)

Postby ply8808 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:31 pm

An issue with false turn restrictions on multiple nodes running either top/horizontal and east/verticle or bottom/horizontal and west/vertical, nodes show blue dot when highlighted.
Ran an isolation check through all scripts and it is the URO+ on chrome.
HD riding wazer, Arizona.
SM - Arizona, CM - USA
iPhone 6, iOS 8.2
ply8808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts