Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Windows Phone v3.7.6 Official Feedback Thread

Postby overclockrj » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Hi all. Finally Waze to Windows Phone!

I'd like to avoid screen lock when running Waze. Is that possible?

kind regards from Brazil.
Daniel
overclockrj

Postby pepperjohn » Fri May 09, 2014 1:44 am

When using Waze with music at the same time (Nokia Mix Radio), the voice turn-by-turn prompts play on top of/mixed in with the music. Contrast this to the Nokia Here Maps, which mutes the music while prompting. I prefer the latter, as it is much easier to hear the navigation prompts, or at least if it could turn down the music volume to ensure that the navigation prompts are easy to hear.
pepperjohn

Postby Pieteryts » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Its sad to know. Due to some egocentric on certain OS, they would stop the development. First when I know waze, its like "Wow! Its a whole lot better. Finally I can replace my gmaps". Right now, I'm thinking "Geez, fortunately I haven't uninstall gmaps".
I have done some in waze (by driving, provides hazard, traffic issue, and many else. Including map editing), And I think I stand by with all WP Waze users. We need constant support.

If you decided to help, please update the apps constantly as in the android versions and iOS versions. If not, please withdraw the apps from the market and announce it that Waze is a no go for WP. Its a lot better that way.

We might in the end see Waze+ or any other mutation on the market. Hahaha.
Pieteryts

Postby Pitikoa » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:13 am

Hi Everyone :)

moving from a android phone to a brand new Lumia, I'm very disappointed to discover the Waze v. 3.7.4.5 for France :
- no landscape mode
- no facebook connection
- graphics compare to the android version seems very aged

So I hope the developement of this great app on WP is not dead 'cause I still want to use it - so far 20K kms make with the Waze help.
Waze on Lumia 535
Pitikoa

Postby PJStocker » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:35 pm

:D
brighcj wrote:First let me thank the Waxe crew for releasing the WP8 Version of waze today!

Dies the WP version lack voice recog for reporting? I can't find any settings for it. I guess I find that odd, because that's singularily the biggest importance to me on this app. It strikes me as an odd feature to lack, considering how well tell-me is integrated into other, less important and lesser apps. I figured voice recog would be a given. :/

is there a timeline for when this feature will be added?

not trying to whine, just expressing concern for a feature. Again thanks! :)

The instructions say to go to voice commands, but this does not show up on the settings list as it does in the instructions
PJStocker

Postby Propani » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:18 pm

slerched, you say WP isn't popular ... it's the quikest growing platform. Why do you think Google tries to block it ... and even then, we will become with more and more :-) Actions from 'Google' like this have just the opposite effect and are just making the WP family stronger and stronger (and the apps that are created for Window Phone just better and better). Ok, maybe it will not be the Waze app, but most likely an other app (Here+). But yes, it's stupid a company will likely loose it's front position this way. I know one thing for sure. I was an Android user ... and I'll never go back.
Propani

Postby PSonetwo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 am

gerben wrote:Is anybody on GDR3 yet? In the Beta forums some users reported that the battery drain was much less on GDR3.

I updated my Lumia to GDR3 today and will test the battery drain tomorrow.

I am on a Lumia 520 that is on GDR3 (but not Nokia Black, using a Preview for Developers account). I do NOT experience any battery drain with Waze running while charging. It even charges up to 100% while Waze is running (at a rate around 35-55%/hr). Had it on for about 2 hours one drive. Did not get too warm and when I took it off the charger, it was at 100%.

Do not know what kind of charger I am using. All I know is it is a typical micro-USB to 12V outlet Walmart charger. I'll check the amps when I get a chance.

Otherwise this was my last remaining "wish-list" app coming from Android/iOS world to WP8!

EDIT: Requesting the use of a Live Tile option like the Android Widget. Something that can show current commute times to work/home (based on where I am at)
PSonetwo

Postby PyroEskimo » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:20 pm

I'm another person wanting Waze on Windows Phone to continue to be developed. I was introduce to Waze on Windows phone last year and it has been my daily driver since. It works well on the Lumia 1520 and HTC One M8 I just purchased. Luckily the app functions well in its current state however additional features that match the Android and iOS versions would be greatly appreciated. Since joining I've recruited 10+ Windows Phone users to Waze.

Bring back the support!!!
PyroEskimo
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Querlenker » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:04 am

omba_de wrote:As mentioned many times before...:
Actually waze isn't updating the WP version...

...unfortunately!

Now everyone is discussing about 3.9 release but WP users seems to be not a true part of the family.

The most annoying thing for me is that there is no way to use Waze in landscape at my mobile.
Querlenker
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Qyv42 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:08 am

BoxSoft wrote:There is, to an extent:

1. Click on someone's address, it will take you to the map (not Waze's).
  2. Click on the "up arrow" icon to get directions. It shows a basic route on that map.
  3. Press the "right turn arrow" icon to launch a navigation app.
  4. Choose your desired app. My list shows Waze and HERE Drive+.

So it seems to be hooked in, just like Nokia HERE.

Mike

Your steps above work, but unlike with the HERE apps, the actual directions don't seem to be getting passed in to Waze so that it generates a route. I always use the Search button on the phone to quickly find whatever location I'm looking for, then get directions via the WP maps app and then go to HERE Drive via the "right turn arrow" as you note above. With HERE Drive, the route is automatically generated if I do that, but with Waze, the app just launches and nothing else happens, so I have to do all searching from within Waze. This isn't a huge deal, but one of the cool things about Windows Phone is the ability to pin things like a contact to the Start screen - that way I have their contact info handy, and can also get directions to any address in that contact if needed. So it would be great if Waze could integrate with the WP maps app and get the directions handed off when Waze is launched from that entry point.
Qyv42

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App